IE 3000

DavidM
New here

IE 3000

I'm having a issue where the switch will loose connectivity and allude to not having power IE. no lights on the switch at all. When I check power it is correct including current draw. Most of the time if the unit is power cycled it will come back to life and operate for random times until the original problem happens again. On the rare occasion it will even come back to life on it's own. Could this be a surge issue because the unit does have ups in a bare bones battery pack but no actual surge protection. Or should I be looking at replacing the switch. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi, you are posting on the meraki forum.

I think you are talking about the Cisco Industrial Ethernet 3000?

if it worked fine before its probably a hardware defect. check the show log for any indication and/or create a tac case if it stil has service. 

Adam
Kind of a big deal

I'd start with looking into the power cable, surge strip, PDU, battery backup etc.  Should be easy to eliminate some of those if other things are sharing them.  Otherwise, a device issue is likely. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels