Ever have a switch go offline and couldn't do anything about it?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Ever have a switch go offline and couldn't do anything about it?

Well guess what, 10.31 of the switch firmware has come out, and they have added this really important feature:

"Ability to download diagnostic data about the device from the local status page"

It appears under "Uplink Configuration" and looks like this:

Download-support-data.png

It produces a file we can't do anything with - but at least when a switch has gone offline and there is no way that support can help - you can now generate a support package for it to be looked into further.

6 REPLIES 6
Gumby
Getting noticed

Had a look at this the other night, was slightly disappointed that the file isn't in a nice readable format (for now) 😉

AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi Philip

Congrats

I believe this was one of your suggestion during Masters Session.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

It was! It makes the trip to SFO all the more worthwhile.
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

I was seriously unimpressed when I looked at this file to day to discover it was encoded in some stupid format. Booo!

Adam
Kind of a big deal

This would be useful for some of the situations where I was troubleshooting switches that hung during firmware updates.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

While it would be useful to be able to read the files I guess Meraki are trying to keep things simple for the customer. Nice that they have added it and well done to @PhilipDAth for suggesting it.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels