Claim issue of the 2nd hand MS210 switch

SOLVED
antico
Conversationalist

Claim issue of the 2nd hand MS210 switch

I bought a second hand MS210 recently. When I tried to claim it with S/N, an error says that the device with this S/N is in use. Apparently the previous user did not delete this device from his dashboard. Now it is very difficult to find this previous user. I contacted the Meraki support and they could not help it. Any one can suggest how i can use it as stand alone device or recover the S/N? Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Glad to hear you were able to get it resolved.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately no, the device needs to be unclaimed by the original owner.
Without being able to claim it into a Meraki account, there is no way to use the device.

The below link outlines Meraki's standpoint on the topic

Cisco Meraki Devices purchased Second Hand - Cisco Meraki

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@antico Thats not possible sorry, Meraki is solely a cloud managed system. As much as I don't want to say it but it seems that you have been scammed.  

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Taken from Meraki license FAQ

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Licensing_FAQs

Can I purchase a new license for a used piece of hardware purchased on the secondary market?

Before purchasing any piece of Cisco Meraki hardware on a secondary market such as eBay, you are advised to contact Cisco Meraki Support to confirm that the hardware has not been reported stolen from a Cisco Meraki trial program or a bonafide purchaser. Please have the serial number of each piece of hardware available when you contact Cisco Meraki Support. Cisco Meraki will not support or sell licenses for hardware units that have been reported stolen.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
antico
Conversationalist

Thanks. I asked the dealer to send another one to me. Now it works perfectly.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Glad to hear you were able to get it resolved.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels