Introducing MT14 and MT30!

David-H
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Effectively monitoring physical environments requires understanding far more than what can be seen. Meraki MT sensors already provide valuable insights to help customers reduce unplanned network downtime, prevent asset loss, and improve sustainability. With the introduction of two new sensors, the MT14 and MT30, we’re dramatically expanding on these capabilities. 

MT14 and MT30 will be available to order on April 12, 2022.

MT14

220222_Meraki_MT30_MT14 in situ.00_00_13_15.Still009 (1).png

Air quality is currently top of mind for many different organizations. For example, schools want to create safe environments for students and faculty, while large enterprises want their employees to feel comfortable when returning to the office.

The new MT14 is an indoor air quality sensor, provides insight into overall air conditions to improve comfort and safety. MT14 monitors temperature, humidity, TVOCs, PM2.5, and overall noise levels to help organizations create more comfortable environments that improve employee productivity and enhance customer experiences.

Watch the MT14 release video or check out MT14 on the web to learn more.

MT30

220222_Meraki_MT30_MT14 in situ.00_00_34_11.Still027 (3).png

Organizations are turning toward digital technologies to streamline processes, create new customer experiences, and adapt to evolving business challenges. MT30 is a smart automation button designed to automate common tasks or trigger specific actions at the press of a button.

With the click of a button, MT30 can alert staff members when a customer needs assistance, turn off Wi-Fi to help students focus in school, replenish material on a manufacturing line, or control office lighting to decrease energy consumption.

MT30 comes with an automation builder feature on the Meraki dashboard that makes it easy to build workflows custom to your business needs, including native integrations with other Meraki products.

Watch the MT30 release video  or check out MT30 on the web to learn more.

14 REPLIES 14
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@David-H : thanks for sharing 🙏 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
rwiesmann
A model citizen

@David-H also thanks for sharing...I like this extension of sensors!

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

" Turn off Wi-Fi to help students focus in school "  Haha I like your thinking but the outcome of doing this is the opposite. 

You mention they are available to order but is pricing available now? I'm interested in the MT14

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki is slowly becoming the one stop shop for small to medium sized customers! 👍

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@David-H A suggestion I have for another sensor option would be a noise level sensor. We have parts of our business where there is high noise levels that as part of health and safety we need to monitor noise levels. 

@BlakeRichardson MT14 can actually monitor ambient noise. Check out the MT14 datasheet for a complete overview of the included sensors. 

Do you think this will meet your needs? 

@David-H I did look at the data sheet but under data logging it doesn't mention ambient noise so I wondered if it only showed a live noise level and didn't log historical levels.

@BlakeRichardson That was an oversight, so thank you for catching this mistake! I'll make sure it gets updated. In the meantime, here's an example of the ambient noise data logging

DavidH_0-1648565338146.png

Thanks for sharing this David, much appreciated. 

@BlakeRichardson ambient noise has been added to the data logging section of the MT14 datasheet

Dudleydogg
A model citizen

I have renewed my entire Dashboard Licenses, all the MTs have vanished is there a method to get those licensees back I was currently evaluating 2 Open/Close Sensors. 

Hi @Dudleydogg I would suggest opening a ticket with Meraki support: https://meraki.cisco.com/support/.

With that said, all organizations should have 5 free MT licenses available that you can use to evaluate the 2 MT20 sensors. 

I overthought the problem, when I replaced my dashboard KEY I did lose the +1 but the 5 free stayed, then I added my MT back to the network and it worked just fine.  Thank you for the suggestions. 

Dudleydogg
A model citizen

they mentioned i would need to create a new dashboard or something because applying the renewal removed them does that make sense?  Its a minor thing to give up just a shame because I was using them.  I will open a ticket after all the dust settles.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.