Unable to reboot MX from Dashboard or API - Malformed request

SOLVED
Grumples
Here to help

Unable to reboot MX from Dashboard or API - Malformed request

I have an automated task that should have rebooted 3 of our MX64 appliances last night.  The API was unable to perform the reboot it seems.  I didn't check the logs from my automated script, but I did go into the Dashboard to manually restart the devices.  I received an error when doing so:

Malformed request

Grumples_0-1587836871191.png

I've tried maybe 6 different MX64 and MX67 appliances from the dashboard, all with the same error and they do not reboot.

If you are curious why we restart the MX at all, it is because the Cellular modem in the USB port disappears from the list of interfaces.  Using the API, an automated script determines the problem and if it is after-hours, reboots the MX.  Upon reboot, the USB modem is visible once again.  The problem with rebooting MX occurs for devices with and without a USB modem and an MX67C with the internal cell modem.

My search for "malformed request" in the community had a lot of hits because of the word "request", but I didn't come across "malformed request".  So I don't know what to do.

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

This has now been resolved, if you're still having issues please update your case to let the engineer know.

Thank you all for you patience 😌have a great weekend and stay safe out there.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Grumples ,

Not seen that one before.  Indicates that you’ve inputted something incorrectly but we know that’s not the case.  What MX firmware are they running?

have you raised this with Meraki support?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you can't reboot the appliance and assuming you are running recent firmware, then that must be a fault.  I would contact support.

It's a known issue that we're tracking and resolving currently, please open a support ticket so we can log that you're experiencing this and provide status updates via the case when we receive updates from the PM team.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

5B789EEB-5927-4B7C-81E0-B4EA1B240DF3.png

@ConnorL , anything to do with this issue noted in firmware 14.50 and also a previous bug in 14.46?  We’ve held back upgrading any MX68’s.

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Hey @DarrenOC, no it's on the Dashboard side rather than firmware. This is a separate issue that's only recently occurred 🙂

@ConnorLThank you for the reply.  I opened a Support Case.

Nice one, the engineer will keep you updated via the case. In the meantime enjoy the rest of your Sunday and stay safe!
yepper
Conversationalist

We are having the same issue. meraki support is useless by saying "development team is working on the issue". Yet they provide no timeline, no SLA, and no idea how many hours, days, weeks. This is ridiculous for a remote mgmt solution to offer next to nothing to customers as far as feedback goes.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @yepper  - I think useless is a tad harsh!  Especially given the current working environment we find ourselves in.  If the developers are aware of the issue and are working on it then what else can you/we do at the moment.  One can't promise a fix at the flick of a switch!!!

ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

This has now been resolved, if you're still having issues please update your case to let the engineer know.

Thank you all for you patience 😌have a great weekend and stay safe out there.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels