MX67C compatible antenna

SOLVED
MMoss
Building a reputation

MX67C compatible antenna

I need to get a MX67C compatible antenna I can use to place is a different location that the MX itself. I ordered a Antenna which seems like it'll work, but the cable I got is a SMA Male which will not work. The cable will screw onto the MX, but the MX while looking like it's properly threaded also has a copper core making it incompatible. Does anyone have a recommendation for a extension cable and antenna? The antenna will likely work, but never hurts to ask for a second opinion.

Also the MX has 2 antenna's, do I need to have two antenna? After I received the I started thinking that maybe they handle separate frequencies and I'll need something for both of them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kamome
Building a reputation

I recommend to use both antenna. According to MX datasheet, one is for 2.4GHz and another one is for 5GHz.

I was confused MX67C with MX67W.

However, I still recommend to use both antennas for better signal strength and more wide coverage.

Theoretically, You can use with one antenna, but you'll get weak signal and narrow coverage.

You can see provided antenna's specification too.

https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/pdf/meraki_datasheet_mx.pdf (See Page 11, Integrated Wireless)

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
nikiwaibel
Getting noticed

Kamome
Building a reputation

I recommend to use both antenna. According to MX datasheet, one is for 2.4GHz and another one is for 5GHz.

I was confused MX67C with MX67W.

However, I still recommend to use both antennas for better signal strength and more wide coverage.

Theoretically, You can use with one antenna, but you'll get weak signal and narrow coverage.

You can see provided antenna's specification too.

https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/pdf/meraki_datasheet_mx.pdf (See Page 11, Integrated Wireless)

I think you have your MX Cellular models mixed up.    MX67C has no built-in WiFi capability (either 2.4 or 5 GHz).   MX67W has Wi-Fi, but no Cellular.

Both Wi-Fi and Cellular are available from the MX68CW   (C for Cellular, W for Wi-Fi)   Note:  on MX68CW the two antennas attached to the unit are used for both Cellular and WiFi.  Because of rules around W-Fi, these are not inter-changeable - you can't unscrew and replace them, like you can the Cellular-only antennas on the MX67C

MMoss
Building a reputation

Correct, I was looking for cellular antenna's not Wi-Fi. 

Kamome
Building a reputation

Yeah, I did that, too. (What a shame for me 😞 )

However, I still recommend to use both antenna for stronger signal and more wide coverage.

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

@Kamome wrote:

Yeah, I did that, too. (What a shame for me 😞 )

However, I still recommend to use both antenna for stronger signal and more wide coverage.

@Kamome, you might want to edit your post that has been selected as a solution to avoid confusing other members that find this topic in the future. 😉

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone confirm for MX67C I still need to buy qty 2 of the antenna to be installed on both RP-SMA ports?

Woosie
New here

I can help you configure compatible antennas for the MX67c.  Since the connector is RPSMAFemale, which means it has a threaded body and a solid copper pin.  You will need a jumper cable between the Radio and the antenna or a connector adapter.  Also, you may need to extend the antenna to a place where the antenna near an outdoor window , door, etc. so you have line of site.  If the radio and antenna are behind a wall that is cinderblock or a wall with reflective material, the signal will not get out:

MFG Part Number: M3070090D20607  Has two N-style connectors.  You will also need two cable to conncect it to RPSMAFemale on the radio.

MFG Part Number: 195-06-20-P5'  5 Foot extension cable to connect the antenna to the radio

@Woosie  have you actually used those VANTEV antennas and cables you are mentioning with a MX67C?  Im curious to know if it really worked fine and solved your problem.

MMoss
Building a reputation

I'll check these out, thanks.
Zsombor
Comes here often

Have any of you tried it with the MG21Es external antenna (MA-ANT-C1-B)?

Did you ever try this or find a solution?

Has anyone found that the MA-ANT-C1-B or any other external antenna will work with an MX67C?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels