MX67 ambar LED status after three hours

Solved
Diniguez
Here to help

MX67 ambar LED status after three hours

Hello everyone.

I'm facing this issue:

My client has just included an MX67 in his network, but after a couple hours functioning correctly, the LED changes its color to ambar and it stays like that. I have tried the next:

1. Disconnect and reconnect the WAN cable.

2. Change the WAN connection to the LAN1 port (it is configured as WAN2).

3. Restart the MX.

4. Reset the MX with a paper clip.

The only thing that works is the number 4, but after two or three hours, happens again.

There are two things that I think may be indicators of what is happening:

1. While the MX is functioning, I get this logs very frecuently:

"Ethernet port carrier change --- device: port1, carrier: true"
        "Ethernet port carrier change --- device: port3, carrier: true"

2. Our public IP appears in Brightcloud as phishing, but this is a recent problem and we are working on it.

Also, while the LED is ambar, I cannot get an IP from the LAN and the MX is configured as DHCP server. I tried to set a static IP in my pc to get access to the local management but it doesn't work. The page does not load.

Is there any solution you know?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution
Diniguez
Here to help

Unfortunely, I didn't get a clear answer to the problem. I got an RMA and the new MX is working fine.

Thanks to everyone for your answers.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Diniguez , have you tried replacing the Ethernet cable on the Wan port?

as per below the device is unreachable from the cloud but I guess you already know that:

39F01F4B-32FC-4A93-9A20-3BE168D4D733.png

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Hello @DarrenOC 

Yes, I tried with a different cable and doesn't work

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does the mx/network itself or behind still work if it shows amber led ? 

What does local status page say?

Did you try set a static ip and dns

No, the MX stop functioning at all and I cannot access the local status page.

Thanks for the comment, I have just added that info to the post.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It stops functioning from lan to internet? Or also between f.e. local vlan x and vlan y?

The LAN stops working. I cannot access the local status page, even with static ip and dns in my pc. Also, I don't get an IP from the DHCP server (MX)

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Diniguez , in all honesty, you’ve troubleshot what you can. Contact Meraki support and request an RMA. Maybe they can spot something on the backend causing the issue.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

@Diniguez Is the MX behind any other firewall that might be blocking the required ports that the MX requires for communication with the Meraki Cloud servers?

@BlakeRichardsonNo, it is connected to the ISP modem but there's not any configuration blocking the traffic

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Because your public IP is listed as phishing by BrightCloud, have you done a packet capture to see if there is any unusual traffic on your WAN/LAN. Just wondering if there is something going on that is causing traffic that is overloading the MX (since the MX67 is a small box).

Also, what’s on Port 1 and Port 3 that keep flapping? (Port 1 is the WAN port) Is this dual-homed to a switch?

Diniguez
Here to help

Unfortunely, I didn't get a clear answer to the problem. I got an RMA and the new MX is working fine.

Thanks to everyone for your answers.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.