MX67 ambar LED status after three hours

Solved
Diniguez
Here to help

MX67 ambar LED status after three hours

Hello everyone.

I'm facing this issue:

My client has just included an MX67 in his network, but after a couple hours functioning correctly, the LED changes its color to ambar and it stays like that. I have tried the next:

1. Disconnect and reconnect the WAN cable.

2. Change the WAN connection to the LAN1 port (it is configured as WAN2).

3. Restart the MX.

4. Reset the MX with a paper clip.

The only thing that works is the number 4, but after two or three hours, happens again.

There are two things that I think may be indicators of what is happening:

1. While the MX is functioning, I get this logs very frecuently:

"Ethernet port carrier change --- device: port1, carrier: true"
        "Ethernet port carrier change --- device: port3, carrier: true"

2. Our public IP appears in Brightcloud as phishing, but this is a recent problem and we are working on it.

Also, while the LED is ambar, I cannot get an IP from the LAN and the MX is configured as DHCP server. I tried to set a static IP in my pc to get access to the local management but it doesn't work. The page does not load.

Is there any solution you know?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution
Diniguez
Here to help

Unfortunely, I didn't get a clear answer to the problem. I got an RMA and the new MX is working fine.

Thanks to everyone for your answers.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Diniguez , have you tried replacing the Ethernet cable on the Wan port?

as per below the device is unreachable from the cloud but I guess you already know that:

39F01F4B-32FC-4A93-9A20-3BE168D4D733.png

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Hello @DarrenOC 

Yes, I tried with a different cable and doesn't work

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does the mx/network itself or behind still work if it shows amber led ? 

What does local status page say?

Did you try set a static ip and dns

No, the MX stop functioning at all and I cannot access the local status page.

Thanks for the comment, I have just added that info to the post.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It stops functioning from lan to internet? Or also between f.e. local vlan x and vlan y?

The LAN stops working. I cannot access the local status page, even with static ip and dns in my pc. Also, I don't get an IP from the DHCP server (MX)

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Diniguez , in all honesty, you’ve troubleshot what you can. Contact Meraki support and request an RMA. Maybe they can spot something on the backend causing the issue.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

@Diniguez Is the MX behind any other firewall that might be blocking the required ports that the MX requires for communication with the Meraki Cloud servers?

@BlakeRichardsonNo, it is connected to the ISP modem but there's not any configuration blocking the traffic

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Because your public IP is listed as phishing by BrightCloud, have you done a packet capture to see if there is any unusual traffic on your WAN/LAN. Just wondering if there is something going on that is causing traffic that is overloading the MX (since the MX67 is a small box).

Also, what’s on Port 1 and Port 3 that keep flapping? (Port 1 is the WAN port) Is this dual-homed to a switch?

Diniguez
Here to help

Unfortunely, I didn't get a clear answer to the problem. I got an RMA and the new MX is working fine.

Thanks to everyone for your answers.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels