MX ADV SEC upgrade to MX SDW

Matt_Collins
Getting noticed

MX ADV SEC upgrade to MX SDW

Greetings Everybody,  Hope you are all safe and well out there.  Just a quick Q. I have a customer who purchased his renewal of 3 year ADV SEC licenses for his MX's about 12 months ago, but now wants to upgrade them to SDW. Is there any official path to do this, or is it "Just buy another License for 3 Years SDW", or maybe is there some sort of deal that Meraki would do for the remaining 2 years left of the ADV SEC licenses. If anybody has come across this issue would be glad of some guidance

Many thanks

7 Replies 7
rwiesmann
A model citizen

I am pretty sure that you can do a "deal" with your local sales of meraki. Talk to him and explain the situation.

Thanks, I think that is the only way it can be done - would think that Meraki would have an upgrade path now they are adding more layers to their licensing

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is from the documentation:

Can you move from one MX license edition to another, for example, Enterprise to Advanced Security or SD-WAN Plus?

Currently, there are two ways to move to a different MX license edition:

• Call/email Meraki support and convert the organization to the desired license option. Note: You will have a new co-termination date for your organization with this method.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

• Call/email Meraki support and convert the organization to the desired license option. Note: You will have a new co-termination date for your organization with this method.

Is good advice.  It has been some years, but I know support converted some licenses for me from ENT to SEC or the other way around and just did the math to add or delete from the expiration date to adjust correctly.   I think the SDWAN plus is more expensive than Advanced Security so I expect they might convert the license if you ask, but the co-term expiration date will decrease.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Just a note that buying Meraki Insight licences on top of what he has now is cheaper, you can do it midterm, and at this point in time, does pretty much the same thing.

@PhilipDAth: Is application based local breakout also included in Insights?

No.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels