Issues with Site to Site VPN

NewToNetworking
Here to help

Issues with Site to Site VPN

I have a site to site connection setup but between two buildings and it seems that there is traffic but when I ping a computer on the other end I get nothing. Subnets do not overlap and appropriate subnets are enabled. NAT is set to auto on both ends. Firewall rules look to be okay. What trouble shooting steps should I try to test and resolve this issue? Any help is appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not all devices reply to ping, for example windows clients do not unless you create the fw rules on the client.

Are the remote subnets learned in the routing table? Can you ping the vlan ip of the remote  subnet?

To your first question, I am not sure. I will try and figure out a way to check on that. To the second question, no I am not able to ping vlan ip of the remote subnet. Using Meraki I can see that the status on both sides are good and I can see that there is source and destination traffic. I am very new to networking and understand most basic concepts so maybe I am just skipping or missing something obvious lol. 

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Can you ping to the remote gateway? 

What is a traceroute showing?

Missing Firewallrule? - Problem from both sites or only one?

I checked again on the firewall rule and they seem to be okay. Yes I can ping the remote gateway. Trace route shows that I am connecting to the gateway while only showing one hop over the network. Some of the others do not respond to trace route it seems. 

NewToNetworking
Here to help

Thank you for the assistance. Through some troubleshooting I found that the subnet that I was connecting from was not enabled to use the VPN. After enabling I was able to connect just fine. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels