Client VPN bandwidth

MariamT
Here to help

Client VPN bandwidth

Hello all,

One of our clients reported that internet connection gets so slow  when users are connected via Client VPN . 

I checked on the dashboard and there's no bandwidth limit on users .

If it was only one person facing this issue I would say that it's an issue from their own Internet acess , but since it's a major issue , I want to see if there's something I can do from my side .

Can you please advise me of  the troublshoot I should do ?

Thanks in advance .

5 Replies 5
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @MariamT ,  what model MX do you have and how many client connections at any given point?  Also, what size internet/WAN pipe are the users terminating on?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the vpn user reporting the issue?

Or the person who is behind the mx appliance? Or both?

Is the client vpn full or split tunnel

Is the bandwidth utilization of the mx maxed out?

Is the mx device utilization  high.?

To be fair this could be many things. I would suggest to call meraki support if its urgent

ravinder_m
Conversationalist

Seems there is some issue with the firmware. We are running 18.107.2 and facing the same issue with the client and site-to-site VPN. The latency is double and unstable sometimes.

ravinder_m_0-1698047011774.png

Seems this is under investigation by the Meraki Team already. Don't know if a downgrade will solve the issue or not.

MariamT
Here to help

Hello All,

Thank you for your answers/Questions in order to help me troubleshoot .

The issue has been detected as part of Microsoft Windows 11 OS , the slowness was only raised to us by WIN11 users once the native VPN is active .

There's no clue to help resolve this , except to unistall some windows KB updates ( seen on Internet) .

to this day , Microsoft hasn't deployed a corrective patch to this issue .

Have a good day 🙂 !!

Ventsy
Here to help

Hi, go to services.msc -> Routing and remote access -> change "start type" to Automatic (Delayed start) and click "Start"

Establish a LT2P connection. FIXED

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels