Anyconnect License

SOLVED
Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

Anyconnect License

Hi,

I know it's still in beta, but what will be the commercial view on the anyconnect functionality?

On the non meraki firewalls you have to pay an additional license for anyconnect depending on the simultaneous user count and the fw must  be connected to the smart account.

How should that work with meraki? Is anyconnect just included with the MX Licenses or does it have to be ordered separately?

Thanks 😃

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Have a look here, https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/AnyConnect_on_the_MX_Appliance, red highlight just down from the top - it’s probably the best we’ll get for the moment (until final decisions are made).

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not seen any details on the commercial aspect yet either @Greenberet 

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

From on comment I saw elsewhere I think that you will have to buy the client licenses, but not sure how it would be enforced, might use a trust model.

rwiesmann
A model citizen

Thanks for the discussion...would be also interested in more details...

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Have a look here, https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/AnyConnect_on_the_MX_Appliance, red highlight just down from the top - it’s probably the best we’ll get for the moment (until final decisions are made).

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Bruce , your Link does not work, but probably it's this statement:

An AnyConnect Plus termed license will be required to use AnyConnect on the MX when MX16.X firmware goes GA. Until that time, if an MX upgrades to MX16, AnyConnect will be available as an option. If a license is not linked when MX16 goes GA, AnyConnect will become unusable until a license is applied. More details on applying licenses will be available soon.

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Thanks @KarstenI, yep that’s the statement - not sure why the link didn’t work. I just edited and it seems to work know. Let’s all hope that the MX16 code stays beta for a while..... (but not too long) 😀

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I hope that v16 goes GA really fast, the AnyConnect PLUS license is typically quite cheap.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Bruce the MX15 code was beta for about 18 months, so...

Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

@BruceThanks! I don't know how I/we could oversee that part.

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

It’s finding the right document, I knew I’d seen it somewhere - just had to convince Google to show me the right one.

AutomationDude
Building a reputation

I would be incredibly surprised if Meraki included it within the MX price and didn't charge extra 😁

John_R_Gudmann
Here to help

Has any of you manages to get the AnyConnect to work with MX?

Br. John

Yes, works! What is your problem?

OVERKILL
Building a reputation

Yes, I'm testing it on two sites, works extremely well. 

I'm testing on vMX/AWS and works great !

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels