Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AnyConnect VPN support for MX devices

SOLVED
Highlighted
Building a reputation

AnyConnect VPN support for MX devices

Good Day -

Any status on when we expect to have full cisco anyconnect vpn support for the MX appliances? Thank you in advance been asking for 3 years now. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Re: AnyConnect VPN support for MX devices

I hate to be a buzzkill, @DillonofAnch17 but the sales reps have been saying "in the next 6 months" for the last couple of years. It's for reasons beyond their control, but I wouldn't get excited about AnyConnect support until you can start applying AnyConnect licenses to MX devices.

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
Highlighted
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for your patience. There is no update on the status and MX is still not supporting Cisco Anyconnect VPN at this time. However, Meraki is making exciting changes on a new beta firmware - 15.x. Please check back with Support periodically for a new feature. 

Thanks,

Sunny Joo

If this was helpful, click the Kudos button below. Also, If your issue was resolved, please mark the post resolved so other users can benefit in future.
Highlighted
Conversationalist

Where can we read more about new feature of the 15.x firmware?

Highlighted
A model citizen

@lbouchard I usually check these from dashboard: Organization -> Firmware upgrades. Running beta enabled org.

Highlighted
Getting noticed

how much longer is 15 going to be in beta?  I've been hearing about "the wonderful advancements in firmware 15" for about 6 months.  

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@NFL0NRfirmware stays in beta until I think ~10% of users install it, with 15.x incrementing rapidly this will take some time! We run 15.x on our production SDWAN but even with fairly regular updating we have some devices on 15.14, some on 15.15 and some on 15.16 so we aren't contributing much to the % of any of them...

Highlighted
Getting noticed

@SLR While at Cisco Live last month I spoke with a few different Meraki employees who have spoken that the MX's will support Anyconnect eventually and it's more of a when and not if. This would be huge if it's going to be available on Beta. I will be watching closer now!

Highlighted
Head in the Cloud

That‘d be phantastic news indeed!
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

I hate to be a buzzkill, @DillonofAnch17 but the sales reps have been saying "in the next 6 months" for the last couple of years. It's for reasons beyond their control, but I wouldn't get excited about AnyConnect support until you can start applying AnyConnect licenses to MX devices.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Building a reputation

I second this...

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Any update regarding the AnyConnect support? I really need this!

Here to help

I am going to bounce this up again! 

anyone got any news? 

Highlighted
Building a reputation

I got an email that is actively in development. They think they will have a beta to announce very soon.

I will believe it when I see it.

they have been saying this for years.

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Our sales rep just confirmed it going live in May this year!
Highlighted
Here to help

Woohoo! 

It's the best news of this decade! 

Highlighted
A model citizen

Seeing is believing

Highlighted
Conversationalist

In the era of Trump and fake news, who can believe this anymore?

Highlighted
Conversationalist

well true, but I like to believe in the good in people.
Since we also asked about this feature about 2 months ago, with the answer "no date", and now Meraki proactively informed us about this, there is maybe more to it than normally.
Highlighted
A model citizen

I believe you´ve managed to get some attention and into the closed beta group. Good luck, please post reply here if you hear something. Thanks

Highlighted
Building a reputation

I need in on any beta testing group for anyconnect support as we have been waiting forever since we first installed the devices into our org.

Highlighted
Conversationalist

I'm currently on a Cisco training and I got it approved again.
Anyconnect for Meraki is more or less already finished is is getting implemented into the beta now.

Highlighted
Here to help

Wow, finally, this will be GREAT!!!

Highlighted
Here to help

Was told today same thing. I am getting an additional MX through SHI and my account manager was going back and forth with his Meraki point of contact. Then I remembered this thread so I asked him about AnyConnect. He came back and said that he was told AnyConnect is in beta and release should be late spring. Exciting news to say the least.

So the real question is: has anyone taken a 4K picture of Big Foot yet?

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

You know, I really hope we can hear from some of the beta testers.

I need to know if this will let me create multiple VPN user groups and specify split tunnel easily or not. Like, is it AnyConnect AnyConnect? Or is it AnyConnect as an SSL VPN client, but no real changes otherwise?

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'd bet on it being the latter option...

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

@cmr wrote:

I'd bet on it being the latter option...

Which is cool. I love dumping all of an end user's traffic out through my client's 10/1 Mbps DSL pipe when they're working from home and streaming music or Youtube.

Highlighted
Conversationalist

In which firmware version it will be supported? I'm going to upgrade to 15.27 MX version but it seems still not mentioned... any news about it?
Highlighted
A model citizen

MX250/450 and MX67/68 are the testing platforms on closed beta.

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Roska what firmware version is needed, or is that not relevant?

Highlighted
A model citizen

EDIT: closed beta FW push. Unfortunately not aware of the FW version required.

Highlighted
Getting noticed

The version has to be pushed to your device, and the only way that happens is if you get into the closed beta.

Highlighted
Here to help

Once enabled by support in the closed beta, is it a all or nothing type of feature or an additional option and you can have mix and match versions of VPN client configs (meraki cloud, AD, Radius, etc)? (apologies in advance if I didn't use the proper terminology).

Highlighted
New here

>I need to know if this will let me create multiple VPN user groups and specify split tunnel easily or not.

It's sad that such an expensive device can't do basic functionality. I can throw something like Untangle on some random hardware for free and do that with a single click.

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Picture of Big Foot

anyconnect.PNG

Highlighted
A model citizen

@RufTech and it works? 🙂

Highlighted
Meraki Employee

AnyConnect is still in development. @RufTech I love the teaser. I will update this thread when AnyConnect on the MX is  available for wider beta testing!

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Bsalamican you please confirm whether it is simply a proprietary client or allows more flexibility for the actual client VPN function?  From the screenshot posted by @RufTech I am hoping the latter...

Highlighted
Conversationalist

As the name implies... I would assume it is Cisco AnyConnect. Not connect "any" VPN client support.

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.