AnyConnect VPN support for MX devices

SOLVED
TI_Master
Conversationalist

Re: AnyConnect VPN support for MX devices

How do you view that link?  I keep getting redirected to okta and it asks for a Meraki login (guessing its not for public view?)

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

I believe its not for Public view (was probably put up by mistake). I'm sure it will become visible again when MX16 gets into public beta.

lmorel
Here to help

Yeah, I regret not taking a screenshot. They locked it down shortly after. It's funny, I asked my Meraki sales rep and his engineer about it and forwarded the link. Then I implied that it was getting frustrating that here we go once again, getting some new info that might be conflicting with everything else we hear or read so far. The engineer came back the next day with a "hey, I can't even access this link!". And I thought he was messing with me only to realize they locked it down and even he couldn't access the info.............. dude, for real. ???

KingKuei
New here

If you want to shoot me a message with your email, I happened to grab a PDF export of the page out of Google cache last month. It has a features breakdown in terms of what is or isn't supported by Meraki MX. They mention firmware MX 16.2+ in the document.

fatcakes
New here

Z3 is great, had one at home in a trial before we deploy to our directors.  Really like it and its in the office waiting to be deployed now, I've moved to an MX68 at home, only because we closed an office and it was going spare..

INQ-Support
Here to help

I'm good.  Since we are moving to a more formal remote work policy (with or without COVID), I decided the best course is to invest my time and energy in moving things to the cloud and eventually eliminating the Meraki VPN.  I can deal with the Win10 VPN disconnects until I get everything to the cloud.  

INQ-Support
Here to help

When all is said and done, I'll have 30-40 people working remotely.  Not going to invest any more money into additional Meraki solutions at this point.  

shauno
Here to help

Still no updates on AnyConnect for the MX?

I'm guessing if it's in Firmware 16.x (like mentioned above), then the older appliances won't support it (as they don't run 15.x)?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@shauno I think you are correct, in that devices that cannot run 15.x will not be able to run 16.x where AnyConnect support comes in.

I'd also eager that until more people upgrade their MXs to 15.x we'll still be waiting...

Bsalami
Meraki Employee

Hello All,

It's been a long wait, but finally we are happy to announce that AnyConnect is now available on the Meraki MX as a  public beta feature on the MX16.X firmware.

To learn more about AnyConnect on the MX please visit AnyConnect on the MX

Thank you all for your patience!

Stealth_Network
Getting noticed

Great news! (Finally)

will it work with DUO?

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal

Yes!

MEmami
Here to help

Hello,

as the new firmware is in Beta and doesn't support some features like multicast over LAN, Could you please tell me, how long does it take to get a productive version of MX16.x Firmware? We need to run anyconnect on our devices but as long as the firmware Beta version is, we can not use it in the production world.

Best Regards!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.