Here to help

Visio Shapes

Can we please get some update visio shapes? Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
A model citizen

Re: Visio Shapes

Here is the link for the Meraki stencils that I use: https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/cisco_meraki_visio_stencils.vss

Stencils included that have been requested are:

• @s4mmy
    • MR74 (Uses same stencil as MR72. You can see this when you hover over it)
    • MR30H
    • I do not see anything for a vMX. Since the vMX is currently the same as the MX100, wouldn't that stencil work in your drawing for the time being? For the MR33, I'm assuming you can just use the same stencil as the MR32, although it says its for the MR32,MR34, and MR42.
  • @GavinMcMenemy
    • MR18
    • MR32
    • MS250 (Uses same stencil as MS320. You can see this when you hover over it)

This is an updated stencil pack from the last time I was on here as they do have stencils for the MS410 & MS425.

Hope this helps!!

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
27 REPLIES
Getting noticed

Now that you mention it, they could benefit from an update.   

Something a little more representative than  diamond, square, rectangle, etc. 

Meraki Employee

Which products are you looking for s4mmy?

Here to help

vMX100

MR74 (can use MR72)

MR30H

MR33

Meraki Employee

OK I'll pass this along to our product team, thanks for the feedback!

Head in the Cloud

+1 on Updates; Any timeline for these?

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Conversationalist

+1 here as well. About to do a large deployment and non-generics would be a big help.

Thanks

Meraki Employee

Hi all,

We're working on this and hope to have an update for everyone soon. Thanks for your continued patience!

New here

Is the MX250 Stencil available??

Here to help

any updates on this?
Getting noticed

I'd like to know too.

I'm specifically interested in the MS250, mr32 and mr18 ranges and it would be nice to have decent stencils.

According to Google they're supposed to be here but damned if I can find them: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/visio-stencil-listing.html

A model citizen

Here is the link for the Meraki stencils that I use: https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/cisco_meraki_visio_stencils.vss

Stencils included that have been requested are:

• @s4mmy
    • MR74 (Uses same stencil as MR72. You can see this when you hover over it)
    • MR30H
    • I do not see anything for a vMX. Since the vMX is currently the same as the MX100, wouldn't that stencil work in your drawing for the time being? For the MR33, I'm assuming you can just use the same stencil as the MR32, although it says its for the MR32,MR34, and MR42.
  • @GavinMcMenemy
    • MR18
    • MR32
    • MS250 (Uses same stencil as MS320. You can see this when you hover over it)

This is an updated stencil pack from the last time I was on here as they do have stencils for the MS410 & MS425.

Hope this helps!!

Getting noticed

Thanks Mr IT guy!

Getting noticed

Any update on Visio stencils. I dont see MX250 as a device in the stencils today. 

Cloud Network Engineer | cloudIT
Certified Meraki Networking Associate

Kudo this if it helped! Smiley Happy
Getting noticed

Has anyone come across a stencil for the MS425-16?

Conversationalist

I see the question asked for the MX250 shape but I didn't see anyone answer. Is there one out there.

Conversationalist

Is there a timeline on getting the MX-250 shape?

Yes, I can use a "similar" device... but in that case why would I bother with a specific stencil?

I'd just use a generic Switch stencil and label it "MX-250."

After all...

genericstencil-meme.jpgMX-250 stencil

Community Manager

Just a quick update on this topic — we are indeed working on a new set of the Visio shapes. They won't be complete for a month or two, but stay tuned! We'll post another update here when they're ready. In the meantime, I love that @jdsilva has offered to share his own custom stencil in Box (see this post); anyone else have self-created stencils they'd like to share?

Cheers!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Despite my inability to resist a good meme, I built a stencil based on the MX 250/MX 450 image on a Meraki blog.

I don't really have a public file repository, but a quick Google lead me to TinyUpload.com so...

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=43341308004490175975

Data fields were built by hand off of an ASA 5515 stencil.

Image is 1924x173 pixels, I probably should have made it double that just to be more readable on zooming.

mx250-450-stencil-sample.JPG

Community Manager

Hi ya'll!

We have a draft version of Visio stencils for our MR, MS, MV, MX, and Z product lines - see below. We haven't officially launched these on our website; we'd like to get feedback from all ya'll first.

Please reply here with any input and I'll pass it on to the right folks.

Cheers!
- Caroline

A model citizen

@CarolineS, the current Z1, MX64W, MX65, and MX65W stencils show the back side of the devices (the side with the ports), but not the front of the device (the side with the status light). Conversely, the stencils for new MX models and Z3 only show the front side, but not the back. Could you please pass along that we would like to have both front and back of the security devices?

Community Manager

Noted, thank you @Mr_IT_Guy!

Community Manager

Report from the team working on this — they're planning to have front and back as requested in the final stencils. Please do let us know what other feedback you have, as we're actively working on finishing these up and it's the right time to make adjustments.

Cheers!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Another update related to Visio / drawing network topologies — we have just released a collection of icons that are very useful in diagrams, especially those that are relatively high-level. They're not .vss-formatted, but can be imported into Visio or other diagram-creation tools. These icons are available for download here, or go to our Product Images page and scroll down to the "Cisco Meraki Topology Icons" item.  

I've included a few samples below:

mr-outdoor-2.pngMR - Outdoor        ms-layer2-stack.pngMS - Layer 2 - Stack        mv-1.pngMV      user-workgroup.pngUsers

Getting noticed

I wish they could stick with a standard on the stencils, release the stencils Meraki use in design docs. 

Meraki.png

Just browsing

Carol that is awesome but just to point out.   The BACK view of longstanding products like MS225 switches and above with redudant power supplies, the MX100, MX250, MX400 have no back views as well.  It would be nice because the level of documentation we do we have to draw in the optional redundant power as most commerical data centers do A and B power etc.

Please please point this out as this has been missed by meraki on rear view of stencils for years.

Community Manager

Super, thanks for the feedback @RichH! I’ll pass this on to the team. Cheers!

Community Manager

Hi @Adoos - 

If you can let me know where you found that particular diagram, I can reach out to the team that made it to see if there are any resources they can share.

Cheers!