Better late than never - The Pacer Garage

SOLVED
PacerX
Getting noticed

Better late than never - The Pacer Garage

Hello everyone. Good news. I am not dead! 😄

After winning the April contest last year things got very busy at work (we built a new branch location in Iowa) and I didn't get a chance to post an update on the MV32-HW I received. (Thanks again @MeredithW ) My plan was to place it in my home workshop (aka the garage) and get some neat video and photos. The main issue with this plan was I didn't have any ethernet pulled to the garage (or anywhere in my house for that matter). So I needed to buy a ethernet to wifi adapter that also had POE. I didn't want to have two devices to plug in (ethernet to wifi and a POE injector) so after much searching I was able to come across an Alarm.com ADC-W110. 

Please forgive the crude install as I was just testing to make sure everything was working correctly before cleaning everything up. 

PXL_20210504_033739101_800.jpg

So without further ado, I present the top down view of the Pacer Garage.

garage.png

The Wandering Pacer
"Not all who wander are lost" - J. R. R. Tolkien
www.thewanderingpacer.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PacerX for wireless, select the camera and then go to settings, create a profile or two and then select them.  You shouldn't need the wire for ethernet after that.

Screenshot_20210504-224120_Chrome.jpg

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Thanks for sharing.  

Don't shoot the messenger, but- doesn't the MV32 have integrated wireless?  You should not need anything more than a POE injector to power it up and then use it's built in wireless. It needs to be configured once while wired, but then you can move it.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Physical_Installation/MV32_Installation_Guide

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

@BrandonS @WOW! I did not know this. Thank you for letting me know. I must have missed that when I was looking up how to make this thing work. Do you know where in the dashboard you would be able to set this up? I would not be at a loss for the POE to Ethernet since I also have an IPphone at the house that I can use that for. Right now the phone is using an Ethernet to Wireless in addition to POE injector which is why I was trying to avoid having 2 things plugged in for the camera.

The Wandering Pacer
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PacerX : Nice view from the MV32 to the Garage. Good work 🙂 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

@Inderdeep Thanks. I thought it would be a fun way to share the different activities happening in the shop. I am still learning how to work with the camera and retrieve footage from it. 

The Wandering Pacer
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PacerX : Definitely buddy, its awesome to share your projects and it seems like you cover everything with the one MV32. You will be master of things as you already installed and did hands on, hopefully we will learn more from you.

Regards/Inder
www.thenetworkdna.com

@Inderdeep I have just been glad that I was able to get back to working with this camera. I hated seeing it sit on the self waiting for me to install it. 

The Wandering Pacer
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PacerX : Good Luck and share your experience and issues you faced day to day !

Regards/Inder
www.thenetworkdna.com

Nice one, so seeing the world at 25mph and monitoring your garage at 25fps.

@BlakeRichardson With all this highspeed everything, sometimes its nice to just slow down and enjoy the scenery. 😄 Plus small bikes feel faster even if your only going 30 😄

The Wandering Pacer
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PacerX for wireless, select the camera and then go to settings, create a profile or two and then select them.  You shouldn't need the wire for ethernet after that.

Screenshot_20210504-224120_Chrome.jpg

PacerX
Getting noticed

Thank you @cmr !!! I appreciate the information. I will look at getting that changed over tonight.

The Wandering Pacer
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.