Meraki MS120-8FP Keep Rebooting

dgzbri
Here to help

Meraki MS120-8FP Keep Rebooting

Hi I'm just new here, and entry level in terms of using Meraki switches.
However is there anyone here that can help me solve my switch problem.
It keeps on rebooting maybe 8 to 10 times on my office hours and it causes us downtime every time it encounter rebooting.
Can anyone help me with this problem.
Thank you in advance.

dgzbri

21 Replies 21
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @dgzbri , have you checked that the plug socket and power cables are both firmly fixed in

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Hi @DarrenOC Yes sir I already check the plug socket and power cables. I already tried to change the power cables and still we encountered the same issue.

redsector
Head in the Cloud

Which firmware do you use on this switch?

Does the switch light shows green or white or only orange light?

Firmware says up to date but the version is not running configured version.

The switch light shows white color sir

redsector
Head in the Cloud

White color says : connected to the Meraki cloud

Firmware up to date means not the actual possible firmware but the firmware of the network. Can you check on Organization - firmware udates if the firmware is pretented to a new version like MS16.8 or MS16.9 at least?

looks on the switch page like this:

redsector_0-1721997572638.png

@redsector Its MS 16.9 for the switch sir

redsector
Head in the Cloud

Did you try an factory reset?

I haven't try factory reset, as im not sure if the current settings will be lost, as these device is configure by our network admin but he's now resigned.
Currently i have 8 switches encountering this issue. We have a total of 19 devices in our plant

redsector
Head in the Cloud

The configuration is on the Dashboard cloud. So when you do a factory reset it will boot and connect to the dashboard and collect the configuration from the cloud again. Be aware that the switch has an free internet connection without any obstacles.

@redsector can you map me where to find that factory reset sir, as we are now finish with our work hours. On monday we can try this factory reset sir. thank you

redsector
Head in the Cloud

it´s a very small hole in the front side of the switch. You can push in with a pin and hold it for about 20 seconds.

thaack
Getting noticed

Will be a small pin hole on the front that labeled "reset".

You will have to use a paperclip or the like to push it in and hold it for 10-15s.

KathleenJ
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You've gotten some great suggestions. If upgrading your firmware or doing a factory reset does not resolve your issue then I would contact support. Here is a KB on how to reach out to support. Good luck. Contact Support 

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Grzegorz
Here to help

@dgzbri please downgrade to MS16.7 or upgrade to MS17.1.1 beta, in my case with same switch was same problem. Both firmwares 16.8 and 16.9 leads the switch to unable fetch its configuration and constantly reboots.

hi sir @Grzegorz is it downloadable in web? will try to do this, update you once finished

Thank you

Just put downgrade or upgrade from the Organization Firmware upgrades section

Sir @Grzegorz I already downgrade the firmware to beta MS17.1.1 at 8AM, but i already have 2 reboot encounter. Time now is 11:35AM

thaack
Getting noticed

Have you tried contacting Meraki support yet? I would definitely do so as this issue may be out of your control and could require an RMA.

Support Contact Info 

@thaack ok sir I will try the meraki support now. Thank you.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

My personal guess - the MS has failed to change its firmware version and is now in an infinite loop trying to do so.

You'll need to contact Meraki support if this is the cae.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.