"Using the Managed App Settings Payload"

Solved
kanoga88
Here to help

"Using the Managed App Settings Payload"

Our company is using an app for work orders that utilizes location to determine time spent at the worksite. There isn't iOS payload for general GPS that I could find, but I don't expect them to turn that off since it's pretty useful regularly. I was looking into "Managed App Settings" so I could maybe at least figure out how to be sure that they don't turn off location permissions to the app. I contacted the developer to see if they had "app-specific key-value pairs" as indicated in this document, but when clicking around the document it there was a link to the AppConfig Community that leads me to believe that only very particular apps utilize this feature. 

I am pretty new to Meraki's MDM so I could be coming to incorrect conclusions and not speaking of these correctly, so any extra information that could potentially help me find solutions would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@kanoga88 

Unfortunately when it comes to Location Services related items, Apple has been pretty hesitant to give us any control over them through restrictions or settings under the guise of user privacy, which I understand.

I would much rather be able to turn on location services to all of my iPads in the school district and make sure Meraki's App is granted access to location services rather than relying on students to enable this but unfortunately that request has never happen from Apple and I suspect never will.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@kanoga88 

Unfortunately when it comes to Location Services related items, Apple has been pretty hesitant to give us any control over them through restrictions or settings under the guise of user privacy, which I understand.

I would much rather be able to turn on location services to all of my iPads in the school district and make sure Meraki's App is granted access to location services rather than relying on students to enable this but unfortunately that request has never happen from Apple and I suspect never will.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels