logic board replacement = no device check-in

SOLVED
Richard_W
A model citizen

logic board replacement = no device check-in

Just a quick question, has anybody else had the experience of having a logic board replacement resulting in repaired machine not being seen in dashboard?

iMac with new logic board, serialized correctly, but machine has not checked-in since return to office.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Richard_W Most MDM's use the UDID / UUID rather than MAC or serial numbers. You will have the re-enroll the device. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@Richard_W 

I would suspect you might have to do a full reset to get things to fully sync up on the dashboard.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

@Richard_W Most MDM's use the UDID / UUID rather than MAC or serial numbers. You will have the re-enroll the device. 

You should probably unenroll the device from Meraki MDM prior to sending it for repair. If the logic board was replaced at the Apple Store, and although the serial number stayed the same , other hardware identifiers like UUID etc might get changed. In this current situation, you may try to reformat.

If that does not work, the solution is to Delete (Remove From Network) the device from the list of Devices in Meraki Systems Manager. Then try to reenroll the device.

Thanks all, as soon as I sent this it dawned on me the changes outside of just the serial. Sometimes asking a question helps in other ways.

Well now I know to unenroll prior to repair.

Thanks again!

@Mahi_Meraki_guy 

ok, removed device from network, removed profiles and removed SM agent. Attempted re-enrolement via m.meraki.com and got an error message about expired cert when attempting to install profiles.

huh?

@Richard_W  are your DEP and Apple Push notification certificates valid?

Is the device on an open internet connection where there isn't anything filtering the device from communicating with Apple and Meraki?

@BlakeRichardson

yeah both renewed a while back.

network same as before.

error message:

"Could not authenticate to the MDM server. The credentials within the enrollment profile may have expired."

How are you enrolling the device i.e. via DEP or configurator?

Device was and still is DEP enrolled.

had to manually install the agent to trigger Meraki Management profile to begat others…

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels