Trying to load NinjaOne onto a Mac

MichaelZopes
Here to help

Trying to load NinjaOne onto a Mac

Trying to test an installation but it will not work.  I don't see anything that I see wrong. I can click on the machine and choose upload.  It says it is in queue, but I don't see the install happen. NinjaOne-final.pngNinjaOne-start.png

Michael Zopes
5 Replies 5
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you run the package on a device manually does it require the user to manually add any information? 

Yes, I forgot I have to put in the user name and password in order to install.  It has 3 or 4 "next" selection to do the whole installation.

Michael Zopes

The devices username and password or login credentials for NinjaOne? If its just device credentials thats not an issue as the install will be run as root.

If it's NinjaOne credentials then that is why it's failing because the installer doesn't know how to get past that point.  

Shany
Getting noticed

The DMG file is expected to only mount an image to install the application.
For MAC applications, you will need to set the "Installation arguments" for the installation to work properly.
Also, a "Command line" command may be required after the installation is complete.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Apps_and_Software/Installing_Custom_Apps_on_Windows_and_Mac_Devi...

"Installation arguments" and "Command line" will install the application on your own mac and you can check the installation log (var/log/[application name or system log]) to see what commands are required.

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You're going to need to either deploy a script to install the contents of your DMG, or follow the section titled, 

Building your package : DMG / PKG (silent installer) https://community.meraki.com/t5/Mobile-Device-Management/HOWTO-Package-files-scripts-and-apps-toget... 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels