Erase All Contents and Settings restriction broken after iOS 15 update

SOLVED
DjShroll
Getting noticed

Erase All Contents and Settings restriction broken after iOS 15 update

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone else is able to replicate this issue:

For a majority of my Supervised, DEP enrolled iOS and iPadOS deployments we apply a restrictions payload with the "Allow Erase All Contents and Settings" option unchecked. In the past, this has prevented users from erasing their company owned devices. It appears that since we've updated devices to iOS and iPadOS 15+, this restriction is no longer functioning...

This was an essential piece of our compliance workflow, so if this really is broken I'm in for a rough week.

TY,

-Dylan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DjShroll
Getting noticed

According to JamfNation folks and my contact at Apple, this should be fixed in iOS and iPadOS 15.1

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
DjShroll
Getting noticed

According to JamfNation folks and my contact at Apple, this should be fixed in iOS and iPadOS 15.1

@DjShroll  Awesome thanks for sharing the outcome!

No problem, Blake! I figured it's be the responsible thing to do! Also, for anyone reading, the iOS 15.1 update is expected next week sometime. 🙂

alexis_cazalaa
Building a reputation

25th to be exact

Sweet! Thanks so much for that! Any chance you can share where this information can be found so I can reference it in the future? 
TY
-Dylan

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

They tend to be referenced in the release notes: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/ios-ipados-release-notes/ios-ipados-15_1-release-notes

However, as it's not released yet, expect this page to update

Shany
Getting noticed

The 15.1 version was released and I checked with my iPad.
Fortunately, this problem has been solved.

스크린샷_2021__10__27__오전_9_55.jpg

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Thank you for checking @Shany !

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels