Any way to auto install a profile before an app

Solved
EncinitasMatt
Here to help

Any way to auto install a profile before an app

We use a content filter called iBoss on our iPads that uses a VPN.  Their latest cloud connector app requires the profile settings be installed first, before the app, or else it breaks all network connection.  I would love some kind of conditional rule, like this app will only be installed on the iPad if a specific profile is installed first.  There doesn't seem to be a way to do this but thought I would ask the community.

1 Accepted Solution
ekramer
Getting noticed

Unfortunately, Meraki SM doesn't have smart groups in the way that JAMF does.  I believe you may be able to script this outside the Systems Manager using their API, though.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
ekramer
Getting noticed

Unfortunately, Meraki SM doesn't have smart groups in the way that JAMF does.  I believe you may be able to script this outside the Systems Manager using their API, though.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As mentioned SM doesn't support priorities like Jamf, the best option would be scope the profile, confirm 100% install and then scope the app.

This method will work OK with doing all devices at once but adding in devices later down the track will get messy and require you to create new tags.

It's not ideal but it's a solution.  

EncinitasMatt
Here to help

Thanks, that is what I expected.
We do have a process using separate tags but it requires more hands on babysitting and verifying, greatly increasing iPad setup time.

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@EncinitasMatt 

What about building your app push to not include the default tag on the set up of an iPad? 

So something like this:

vassallon_0-1695147167854.png

vassallon_1-1695147229348.png

Then once the profile is installed you remove the NoIBoss tag or whatever you call it and then the app installs.

I wonder if maybe there is a way to do it with Policy Tags as well. 

Darn, there isn't but it'd be a great feature to have the ability to create a policy based on a profile being applied and then we could push the app. 

vassallon_2-1695147455863.png

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels