Uninstall existing version of the iOS app and install new version of the same app

Prabakaran
New here

Uninstall existing version of the iOS app and install new version of the same app

I want to completely uninstall the previous version of the app, and install the latest version of the app.

For example,

I want my new version of iOS app to be installed on 500 iPhone devices after completely uninstalling the previous version.

I sent uninstall command to 500 users. Out of 500, 200 users are connected to MDM, and immediately previous version got uninstalled. But another 300 users are not connected to MDM and they are still using old version.

I have two options now,

1. I can wait until it completely uninstalls on all the devices and install new version.

2. Frequently check the status and send the new version only to the devices which previous version is uninstalled.

I am looking for a way to just push a new version to all 500 devices, and that should completely uninstall the previous version and install the new version. Instead of upgrade.

1 Reply 1
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The easiest way to do this:

Update your application in Systems Manager > Apps > Your app name

Then, select the devices where you want the app to be updated:

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 14.35.44.png

Click Push then Install or Upgrade

Dashboard will then ask you to confirm before pushing the updated app to the devices

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 14.37.39.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels