Struggling to get Meraki switch

KamaalJema
New here

Struggling to get Meraki switch

Is it correct that you can only buy valid/supported Meraki switches direct from Cisco? Our MSP ordered one 4-5 months ago and the date keeps getting pushed back. It's currently November, but I expect it to push again. We've asked multiple times for the exact model number, but our account manager won't spill. He insists it must be purchased directly. Just wondering if that's accurate or if they get some sort of cut from orders and that's why they won't help us look elsewhere.

4 Replies 4
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

They are typically not directly purchased from Cisco, but the authorised resellers have to buy them from authorised distributors to make sure not to get counterfeit products. And yes, delivery times are really bad at the moment.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

And for the waiting time ...

FZV8eTCXwAA-hVz.jpeg

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Wait times of 6 months are typical at the moment.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This was just affecting PoE switches but is now also affecting non PoE switches. Placed an order for a qty of MS225-48’s which we’re showing a 1 day lead time. This jumped to 160 days so not shipping to Feb.

The funny part is AMs chasing orders!  Like seriously….do you have any kit to fulfill these orders!  Even stacking cables jumping to 45 days.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.