Wish: Monitor Live per client traffic

kredmore
Getting noticed

Wish: Monitor Live per client traffic

Helpful if Meraki could expand on the Dashboard per AP per client live traffic monitoring to include all clients across a Network, or even traffic analytics less than 2 hours.

See this thread -->Check-or-Monitor-Live-per-client-traffic

4 REPLIES 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

you can make wishes from the dashboard page.

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Along these lines, it would be nice if we had a wish section in the community where we could post stuff and allow users to vote for it (not related to kudos).  I get that the developers have some of their own plans but the voting method seems to be an effective way of prioritizing things by importance to the customer base.  @CarolineS maybe there is an addon you guys can install if you can get internal buyin?

Google operates their Cloud Connect Community that way and even has developers tag those wishes with their status (in development, scheduled for x release, etc...).

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Adam wrote:

Along these lines, it would be nice if we had a wish section in the community where we could post stuff and allow users to vote for it (not related to kudos).  I get that the developers have some of their own plans but the voting method seems to be an effective way of prioritizing things by importance to the customer base.  @CarolineS maybe there is an addon you guys can install if you can get internal buyin?

Hi @Adam!

A community-based feature-request system is something we've discussed a few times with the product team, but their strong preference is to stick with "Make a Wish", which has intelligence & analytics built in behind-the-scenes. Here's a nice writeup from @MerakiDave about Make a Wish (original is here😞

It's true there is a place at Meraki HQ (I've seen it) where all the wishes come scrolling by. However, as Meraki has experienced and continues to experience incredible growth the past several years, there are MANY more Dashboard wishes coming in every hour of every day. So that Meraki doesn't have to hire a team of poor souls who read every single Dashboard wish, Meraki has added intelligence and analytics to Dashboard wishes, so they they can be properly identified, categorized and prioritized. And yes, specific product teams can then go in and review every wish for a particular product or feature or UI issue if and when needed.

So a couple notes on making wishes. First is that every wish matters! While you may not get any feedback, wishes never go into the bit bucket or get ignored. Second, because all wishes now get run through an algorithm, it's important when making wishes to use complete descriptions with specific keywords and always make the wish on the actual page in Dashboard where it's most relevant. So don't make an MX-specific wish from the Network Wide > Clients page for example. The wish wouldn't be "wasted" but it may not get categorized as accurately. Finally, don't be afraid to ask Dashboard for a pizza. 🙂 

That being said, there's certainly no harm in putting requests here on the community and so other members can show support via kudos. Product team members do indeed lurk here 🙂

Cheers!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Meraki's Make a Wish feature may have "intelligence & analytics" but it doesn't have much visibility.  I think it's pretty safe to say that most users feel like their wish is going into a black hole.  The community based version would also allow discussion to clarify/develop wishes.  I don't see much of a down side other than the potential pressure on the dev folks to work on highly wished items.  It would also result in motivating more people to sign up for and participate in the community if the make a wish button got converted to a link to the wish section of the community board.  

Stepping down off soapbox now and getting back to work lol 😉

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.