cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard URLs

Here to help

Dashboard URLs

Hey there - we are working on Dashboard API integration and among other things we're creating a monitoring engine that will open NOC tickets as necessary and I want to make our NOC techs' lives as easy as possible by dropping in a Dashboard URL in to the NOC ticket for the network or device in question.  I don't see any way to do this with the calls currently available in Dashboard API.  If you look at the page source on a Appliance Status Page you'll find a variable called "Mkiconf.ng_eid" that appears to the be what I'll call the network's sub-device group identifier.  And this "eid" is the one thing I need to be able to dynamically generate a Dashboard URL. 

Anyone have any tips?

4 REPLIES 4
Kind of a big deal

Re: Dashboard URLs

This URL is often used on the local status page of a switches, but it does not always seem to work for me:

https://dashboard.meraki.com/manage/dashboard/show?mac=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx&port=yy

Highlighted
Meraki Employee

I get what you're trying to do, but not sure if I would rely on the dashboard URLs to be consistent.
Head in the Cloud

Surely you could just setup SMTP alerting to go to a email address which is integrated with your NOC ticketing system. The SMTP alerts from Meraki come with a hyperlink embedded to the devices dashboard URL.  

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Here to help

We do that some today but there are all sorts of problems with this approach... those emails don't always come through and the don't always come on time either.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.