Unable to Delete Orginization in Meraki Portal

Hargray123
New here

Unable to Delete Orginization in Meraki Portal

Help please, I am trying to Delete an Organization in the Maraki Portal and I am getting this error

Error! Failed with the following error(s): Cannot delete organization - it still has multiple users

I have deleted the network and also the appliance serial number, but still getting error

Thanks in advance

Thomas Haver 

5 Replies 5
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

hi @Hargray123 , have you removed all associated Administrators/Users on that Organisation?

Org > Configure > Administrators

Also look at

Network Wide > Configure > Users

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Thank you, that worked!!

It doesn't let me delete my own admin privileges - You cannot revoke your own organization privilege.  I need to delete several clients that either no longer use Meraki or are not managed by us.  Thanks in advance

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Yep, this is a problem I’ve come across too. You can’t remove yourself as an admin from an organisation, you have to get someone within that organisation to remove you - and support can’t/won’t help you here. The only way to do this is to reach out to someone in the organisation and request they remove you.

Sequoya_Tom
Conversationalist

Just an FYI to others...  I hit this snag too.  The org had no networks, no devices, no licenses, and no other admins but me.  However I still got this error.

In my case, having SAML *enabled*, even though there were no roles assigned, was the problem.  Disabling SAML was the key.

Tom

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.