SSID Reporting

Walkerish
New here

SSID Reporting

Hello,

Our organization holds many different networks (over 200) all with between 3-25 access points each. 

Pretty simple question I have. I would like to see if there is a report that shows the enabled SSIDs for each network.

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

It looks like you could pull this with the API: https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api/#/rest/api-endpoints/ssids/get-network-ssid

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

I will take a look and see what I can do with that. Thank you

I've written a small Python script for this exact same need. It goes through all our organizations and their attached networks and lists all SSIDs in a csv file.

You can PM me if you want the script, it'll probably need some adjustments but that's not a lot of work.

The script is probably ugly so I prefer not to attach it to this thread, but it does the job.

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

@Raphael_M Go ahead and share it with us 🙂

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Yeah nobody is going to judge you if its not pretty. They might make recommendations to clean it up, but you could be helping out a good number of others having to do the same thing 😃
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Alright, here it is.

A few comments:

• Just update everything that is between <> and the script should run fine
  • We only have 3 organizations so I decided to hard code the org name and org ids in the script out of laziness ; now of course you can use an API endpoint to get this information and put it in an array instead of hardcoding it
  • The scripts only reports SSID information that I cared about but of course you can update it to collect more/everything
import json
import requests
import sys
import csv

# Define organizations 
orgs={'<orgName 1>':'<org Id 1>','<orgName 2>':'<org Id 2>','<orgName 3>':'<org Id 3>'}
org_names=orgs.keys()
# Define API URL and API key base_url='https://api.meraki.com/api/v0/' API_KEY = '<ApiKey>' with open('<filepath>', mode='w',newline='') as report_csv: report = csv.writer(report_csv, delimiter=',', quotechar='"', quoting=csv.QUOTE_MINIMAL) report.writerow(['Org name','Network name','SSID name','SSID Authmode','SSID Encryption mode','WPA mode','VLAN','RADIUS servers']) for org_name in org_names: #Get list of networks in each organization print("Cycling through organization " + org_name) session = requests.session() headers = {'X-Cisco-Meraki-API-Key': API_KEY, 'Content-Type': 'application/json'} networks = json.loads(session.get(base_url + 'organizations/' + orgs[org_name] + '/networks', headers=headers).text) #Get list of SSIDs in each network for net in networks: ssids=json.loads(session.get(base_url + 'networks/' + net['id'] + '/ssids', headers=headers).text) #Write csv file with various information for ssid in ssids: if "Unconfigured" in ssid['name']: break elif '8021x' in ssid['authMode'] and ssid['useVlanTagging']: row=[org_name,net['name'],ssid['name'],ssid['authMode'],ssid['encryptionMode'],ssid['wpaEncryptionMode'],ssid['defaultVlanId']] for index,radius in enumerate(ssid['radiusServers']): row.insert(7+index,radius['host']) report.writerow(row) elif '8021x' in ssid['authMode']: row=[org_name,net['name'],ssid['name'],ssid['authMode'],ssid['encryptionMode'],ssid['wpaEncryptionMode'],'No tagging'] for index,radius in enumerate(ssid['radiusServers']): row.insert(7+index,radius['host']) report.writerow(row) elif ssid['useVlanTagging']: report.writerow([org_name,net['name'],ssid['name'],ssid['authMode'],'','',ssid['defaultVlanId']]) else: report.writerow([org_name,net['name'],ssid['name'],ssid['authMode'],'','','No tagging']) report_csv.close

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.