Kudos to Meraki RMA

SOLVED
Jack
Getting noticed

Kudos to Meraki RMA

I would like to share my 1st AP RMA experience with Meraki yesterday and it was quick, easy and painless 🙂 

6-5-2018

1.41PM - Called Meraki Support -  Cisco Meraki Technical Support answer the phone within 3 rings ( not a receptionist to route your call depends on severity like many other company does "including Cisco")... 

After few minutes of quick diagnostic we concluded the hardware needed RMA. Whole process took about 10 min.

Same day at 8.21PM the item has been shipped to me via FedEx Priority Overnight ( I was able to unclaim the old AP from my dashboard and claim the new one and set them name / location etc from home) 

6-6-2018 9.30AM i reveived the replacement AP from Fedex with a return lable.

6/06/2018 - Wednesday
9:21 amDelivered Fairfax, VA

Delivered to address other than recipient
9:21 amDelivery exception HERNDON, VA

Customer not available or business closed
7:59 amOn FedEx vehicle for delivery HERNDON, VA

7:41 amAt local FedEx facility HERNDON, VA

6:12 amAt destination sort facility DULLES, VA

5:02 amDeparted FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN

2:08 amArrived at FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN

6/05/2018 - Tuesday
6:44 pmLeft FedEx origin facility ONTARIO, CA

6:37 pmShipment information sent to FedEx  

4:27 pmPicked up ONTARIO, CA
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AdamS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@Jack, thank you for the positive feedback. We strive to bake simplicity into every layer of the Meraki cake including support and RMA.
Adam Slater
Content Engineering Manager
Product Enablement

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
jgutter
Here to help

NICE,,,,
Welles
Building a reputation

I agree with the RMA process. That team doesn’t joke around.

AdamS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@Jack, thank you for the positive feedback. We strive to bake simplicity into every layer of the Meraki cake including support and RMA.
Adam Slater
Content Engineering Manager
Product Enablement
JZ
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The team has put a lot of time and energy into ensuring replacement hardware gets to our customers as quickly as possible. We think it's a solid process and it's always great to hear first hand how our customers have benefited from the work we've put in.  On behalf of my team, Operations, and the Support Team - thank you for your post.  I'm very glad to hear your experience was a positive one.  Good luck.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I have had a few RMA experiences and all good as well. I even had an MX80 replaced with MX84 recently. It is good to know we are getting what we pay for 🙂

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Adam
Kind of a big deal

I agree the RMA process is pretty painless.  We still keep some unlicensed hardware spares on hand though for critical stuff where the 1-2 day downtime would be a problem.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

@Adam wrote:

I agree the RMA process is pretty painless.  We still keep some unlicensed hardware spares on hand though for critical stuff where the 1-2 day downtime would be a problem.  

There is also this enhanced Meraki support program that seems to not be well known: https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/pdf/meraki_now_solution_guide.pdf

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Jack
Getting noticed

Great to know all these additional SLA options... I do keep a bunch of Meraki hardware in-hand ( I'm currently managing 50+ Meraki Network) for a quick swap if needed.... and we setup hot spare / VRRP on all mission-critical hardware such as MX Firewall.

Another great thing with MERAKI - Hot spare hardware does not require a license or in Cisco terms Smartnet.

Adam
Kind of a big deal

@BrandonS wrote:

@Adam wrote:

There is also this enhanced Meraki support program that seems to not be well known: https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/pdf/meraki_now_solution_guide.pdf

Interesting. Kudos for the link.  But I'm sure it'd still be cheaper to keep a few physical units on hand.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You must be in the US (lucky for you).  It takes about 2 weeks to get RMA parts to New Zealand.

Maybe you need a USA office just to deal with RMA 🙂
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.