Dashboard down 8-17 for 2 hours for routine maintenance??

nerdherd
Comes here often

Dashboard down 8-17 for 2 hours for routine maintenance??

Anyone else get an announcement about this?

I cant believe Meraki would do routine maintenance in the middle of the day and make the dashboard unavailable!

I've got 2000 users...the dashboard is used for a bit more than new registrations and device claiming!

"Upcoming Maintenance: We will be performing routine system maintenance on Tuesday, August 17, from 12:00 to 14:00 EDT (Tuesday, August 17, from 16:00 to 18:00 UTC)
Access to the Cisco Meraki Dashboard will be limited during this time. Rest assured that your Cisco Meraki devices will remain running and normal operation will not be interrupted. You can learn more about our out-of-band control on our website.

This maintenance may impact new registrations, device claiming, and Dashboard access."

5 REPLIES 5
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Yes. I assume it is to address a pretty severe issue due to the short notice and time frame. Not great, but I am giving them some slack and assuming that this is the best of bad options. 

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Got the same notification, with similar timeframes. Looks like it might be global impact, which means it was always going to be a bad time somewhere.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Here in the UK it is perfect timing:

Upcoming Maintenance: We will be performing routine system maintenance on Tuesday, August 17, from 17:00 to 19:00 BST

As Jimmy Buffet said "It's five o'clock somewhere" 🍻

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I saw that notice.  It was the middle of the night for me.  Perfect timing.

GiacomoS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey team,

Thought I'd chime in on this one to thank you all for your patience during this maintenance. 

To provide some reassurance, there should have been no to minimal impact on the operation of the networks. You may have encountered some delays in claiming new devices or spot the maintenance page here and there, but standard network activity should have been unaffected. 

Thank you for bearing with us whilst we continue to make the Meraki Cloud better and more resilient!

Giac

Please keep in mind that what I post here is my personal knowledge and opinion. Don't take anything I say for the Holy Grail, but try and see!
Appreciate who helps and be respectful of every opinion and every solution offered.
Share the love, especially the Meraki one!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.