Claiming Devices is painfully slow for the past week

Crocker
Building a reputation

Claiming Devices is painfully slow for the past week

Anyone else bumped into this? Taking upwards of 5-15 minutes to claim devices in the dashboard since early last week.

7 Replies 7
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Anything to do with Cisco end of year and manic deployment of new equipment during the summer period?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Crocker
Building a reputation

Something like that. We're swapping a mess of Cat2960's with MS120's at the branches. Basically got a room full of MS120's, our on-site technicians snag a few, head out to the branch to install the switch(es), send me the S/N's. One or two a day.

When I claim those one or two S/N's, it's taking absolute ages for the claims to process. Historically, this has been instant/near-instant. Just curious if this is an us thing, a shard thing, or an everyone thing.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Why not just bulk import the whole lot of serials in one go?  Just use the Meraki order number and hey presto all done.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I claimed a 9166 order at the end of last week and it took about 2 seconds on shard n184.  I'd agree with @DarrenOC though, we always claim the whole order as soon as we get the notification from Meraki.

Holli69
Getting noticed

• Same here, claim about 80 different Meraki devices with the Meraki Ordering Number just took 2 or 3 seconds.
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I claim the full order and since the recent discovery add them to a dummy network until they are required. 

Crocker
Building a reputation

Opened a case with Meraki support on Tuesday and didn't really get anywhere. Asked if it could be a shard issue, the rep was unable to check because an internal tool was broken...but was assured there were no large-scale issues.

Reached back out today as this is ongoing, re-opened the ticket, and was informed that n426 (our shard) is experiencing degraded performance which is actively being worked on. This was after some testing via inPrivate, different browsers, off of the work VPN, and running a .HAR capture while attempting to claim yet another device for ~10 minutes.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.