CISCO DNA IN MERAKI DIVICES

route_map
Building a reputation

CISCO DNA IN MERAKI DIVICES

Hi Team

How does Meraki and DNAC intergrate together? via API? any documentation on this?

once the intergration is done, do you manage the Meraki Dashboard from DNAC?

4 REPLIES 4
route_map
Building a reputation

The datasheet talk alot about Visibility of Meraki Devices but i dont see anything about configuring or adding new devices via DNA Center

sungod
Head in the Cloud

Assuming version 1.3...

Once you have followed the steps in the guide, wait, how long depends on how many devices there are

For <100 takes a few minutes, you'll see the Meraki devices appear under Provision->Devices in the Global level hierarchy

From there you can assign them to site(s)

Afaik you can't do much more, for instance...

- if you try to provision individual device(s) it will let you try but the end result will be one error per device saying that you can't provision Meraki devices

- it doesn't recognize a Meraki AP as eligible to be placed on a floor plan

I recommend using a Meraki admin account that has access to only one Organization, the Dashboard API key will give DNAC access to every Org that the user ID has access to

I've only played with it briefly with DNAC 'Device Controlability' on the Dashboard device set to 'disabled' as I've not seen any documentation explaining what DNAC can/might do if enabled

Thanks!  I am looking for a solution that will allow me to monitor and config both.  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.