Access Point problems in Meraki Dashboard

SOLVED
Timo3
Here to help

Access Point problems in Meraki Dashboard

Hello,

I had a faulty MR33, so I opened a case in the Meraki Dashboard.

The Maraki Support contacted the cisco support and today, cisco sent me a FE over.

The FE exchanged the AP and I configured it over the dashboard.

Everything seems to be right configured, but two little things aren't right.

1. When I click on "Network-wide" -> "Clients", I can't see the new AP. (The old one was in there)

2. When I click on "Switch" -> "Switches" -> <Switch name>, I can see the AP in "Clients" and it has nearly the right name, but if I click on it, it says: "Sorry, we couldn't find that client. Please go back and try again."

In "Wireless" -> "Access Points", everything is right...

Does it take a few hours till it is shown correctly, or did I something wrong?

Best regards,

Timo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Within Clients, you do not the the AP in Dashboard.

I don´t see them there as well. at no site / network. You only see them in "Wireless -> AccessPoints"

in Network Wide Clients you only see connected clients to the AP, with a Wifi sign

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Sometimes it will take a while to kick in. It does that to me sometimes. If you see your AP is up and functional, it shouldn't be a problem. 

Enthusiast

That sounds good.

I'm not very familiar with the Dashboard, because I only work with that since a few weeks, but everything I've changed so far was up-to-date right after I changed it.

So, I'll wait till tomorrow and hope it's ok than. 😄

Thanks!

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Within Clients, you do not the the AP in Dashboard.

I don´t see them there as well. at no site / network. You only see them in "Wireless -> AccessPoints"

in Network Wide Clients you only see connected clients to the AP, with a Wifi sign

You're right, I've checked that. None of the other Networks have the AP in "Network-wide" -> "Clients".

I can see them in every Switch in "Client", but if I click on the nearly right name, there is an error in every Network.

So it not only seems right, it is right. Thanks for your help.

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Just triple checked. That's odd because I could before it was attached to the switch. Thanks for clarification @MarcP   

Enthusiast

Normal behavior indeed.

FYI, you can immediately go to the AP's page by clicking on the CDP/LLDP link just above the client list of the switchport details page.

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

@kYutobi wrote:

Just triple checked. That's odd because I could before it was attached to the switch. Thanks for clarification @MarcP   

Can´t remember I saw that anytime in the past 😄 😉

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.