Network with types camera cannot be bound to templates.

SOLVED
LouisPaquin
Here to help

Network with types camera cannot be bound to templates.

Hi, 

I try to create a template from an existing network and bind it to other network. 

When I try to bind my template to a network, I get the error message "Network with types camera cannot be bound to templates" 

What should  I do ? I already tried to remove camera from my template, same error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Yeh templates don't support cameras. If you want to use templates you'll have to split out cameras into their own network. 

For your existing network, I'm assuming it's a combined network? Just removing the device won't change the network type, and the combined network will still have the camera network in it. You'e going to have to split the network into its components, and then recombine them without the camera.

What a pain...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Yeh templates don't support cameras. If you want to use templates you'll have to split out cameras into their own network. 

For your existing network, I'm assuming it's a combined network? Just removing the device won't change the network type, and the combined network will still have the camera network in it. You'e going to have to split the network into its components, and then recombine them without the camera.

What a pain...

Thanks for the quick reply, you are right !

Why is this no where to be found in the documentation? I had a support ticket open for this, even they didn't know the answer and had to research for a week before figuring it out.

Does this mean that if you split the camera network into a separate network, you can still have them using an uplink MX even if that MX is part of a different combined template network?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.