Duplicate notifications

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Duplicate notifications

We use Office 365 for our email. 

For a long time I've have been getting duplicate email notifications from the community.   I suspect it is Office 365.

Does anyone else have this issue and if so what email platform are you using? 

8 REPLIES 8
Adam
Kind of a big deal

I'm not seeing duplicates in G Suite.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Dylan_YYC
Getting noticed

Same here! ok, so its not just me. i went and turned off all the notifications because i was getting annoyed. 

@Dylan_YYC which email system so you use ? 

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Strange! I’ll see if this is a known issue with our community platform provider. Are you receiving two HTML emails or perhaps one is plaintext?

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Also, I am going to move this over to the “Community Tips and Tricks” board since that is meant for community-related topics. Cheers!

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dylan_YYC and @PhilipDAth - could you each send me sample duplicate email notifications (via email) so I can investigate further? Philip, you know my email address, and, Dylan, I'll PM it to you.

Thanks!

@CarolineS it hasn't happened today for me.  I'll wait for the next occurence.

Just looking back on some of them, the ones I looked at are very slightly different.  I wonder if it is people editing posts, and correct spelling and typos.  I'll see with the next one.

@PhilipDAth - I have a suspicion that it's just that - edits to posts inadvertently generating new emails, even though they shouldn't. There's a known issue with the community platform around that, but it sounds like it can be resolved with some workarounds. So let me know when you get a dupe! I know.... I'll edit this post a couple of times and maybe it will generate a dupe for you.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels