Wireless user authentication Fail over Meraki Radius

Anukul_Tiwari
Getting noticed

Wireless user authentication Fail over Meraki Radius

Hi,

I have as SSID-X, which I have configured for using Meraki Radius and VLAN 21, I am getting error 

auth_mode='wpa2-802.1x' vlan_id='21' radius_proto='ipv4' radius_ip='6.0.0.2' reason='eapol_timeout' reassoc='1' radio='1' vap='4' channel='36' rssi='42')

AP-MR33. Firmware version 29.5.1

Any suggestions?

Regards

Anukul

12 Replies 12
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are 802.11r and 802.w enabled?

alemabrahao_0-1687268098171.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Both are disabled.

Take a look at this.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Common_Wireless_Event_Log_Messages#Fiel...

Did you test the SSID without authentication? I suggest creating an open SSID authentication to validate with it will work. You will receive IP, be able to browse, etc.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Did you test the SSID without authentication,

Are you talking about Local Auth?

Nope.

alemabrahao_0-1687277436913.png

alemabrahao_1-1687277450828.png

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did it work before? Or Is this a new ssid/config? 

This is the New SSID but I remember testing it successfully in starting week of April 2023, we do not made any changes, only one I could remember upgrading MX firmware to 18.107.1.

Madhan_kumar_G
Getting noticed

Hi, 

Try increasing the Radius server timeout to 10 seconds.

Screenshot_20230620-230310.png

It probably will not work, because he's using Meraki cloud authentication, not a custom Radius server.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you referring to using this option:

PhilipDAth_0-1687284447903.png

If so - have you configured Systems Manager on the devices using WiFi?

I don't see the system manager option on page,

Anukul_Tiwari_0-1687286774802.png

Do you have a firewall?  If so, could you ensure it allows all the traffic specified in the Help/Firewall info page.

PhilipDAth_0-1687288163165.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels