Static IPs with Meraki MX68: Moving from one building to another

wsalomon75
Here to help

Static IPs with Meraki MX68: Moving from one building to another

Hello all,

I have two buildings using a MX68, and a user that is moving from one building to another. The issue is, in the first building, he's got static IPs on his equipment, and he needs to retain that IP at the next building. However, those two buildings use different VLANs, hence different subnets. I am unable to add the VLAN from the first building to the second building, and just have those ports use that VLAN as it says there is a conflict. Am I missing something? Is there an easier way of doing this? The vendor is giving a LOT of pushback saying they don't want to change the equipment's static IP to match the new network unless absolutely necessary. 

Bldg 1: 172.18.41.X

Bldg 2: 172.18.46.X

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, use DHCP. 😅

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The other "options" are.

Dont use the subnet in autovpn.

Stop using the subnet in building 1

Use a smaller subnet (f.e /27 in building2, but gayeway ip need to stay the same)

wsalomon75
Here to help

As it turns out, they didn't need to keep that static IP address at all. Some simple VPN changes and all is well. Thank you all for responding anyway!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels