Search feature is worse now

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Search feature is worse now

/enter vent mode

Man I miss the old AP page.

Just discovered today that I can't use quotations anymore to find specific APs via their names.

Example, I have some AP names that have -F or -L or -H at the end based on their service area inside a space. I used to be able to filter and search for them like this:

"-F" 

It would only show me AP's with the -F in its name. It was great.

New view cannot do this. 
HOW is this better?

And don't even get me started on the scroll bars.

/exit vent mode

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
6 Replies 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Time for tags?

Oh I use tags all the time, but not as a substitute for the AP name. The better solution is for Meraki to make the search box work the way it should, not like Windows 10 search option, which is terrible. 😃

TwitterLinkedIn
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NolanHerring hi! Always nice to see you pop up here 🙂

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
pjc
A model citizen

I hate these scroll bars, it grinds my gears every day I look at the dashboard. 

How was this ever considered progress.  I've got from seeing everything I need in one glance to having to scroll all the way to the bottom of my list and then having to scroll all the way across, and then having to scroll back up through the list to see the AP I'm interested

Someone in the Dev team responsible for this look - Tell me how you think this new look with the scroll bars is better than the previous view for someone like me managing and viewing every day

pjc_0-1717145683346.png

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Does anyone know how to make this larger? Cause this is yet another problem I really hate with the new view. Such a waste of space on the right side.

11111111.png

TwitterLinkedIn

I wonder if they saw your messages and fixed it.  I made my window quite wide and it did fill the whole space.

PhilipDAth_0-1717447596360.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels