SSID Broadcast Tag Bug?

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

SSID Broadcast Tag Bug?

I'm using tags to control which AP broadcast's which SSID across all my sites and just noticed (also across all sites old/new/various firmware) that all my SSID's are showing the grayed out status (meaning not broadcasting due to missing tag), however they are still working. Seems cosmetic, so I opened a case with support.

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
23 Replies 23
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Same here, SSIDs greyed out despite tags being present, but clients still connected.

drgnslyr
Getting noticed

Same. Better be fixed by morning

GiacomoS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey team,

Thank you for flagging this here as well. I can confirm, at this stage, that the operation of the tags remains correct, and it is just a cosmetic problem on how the tags look on Dashboard. 

If you are seeing incorrect operations of the tags, please do raise a case with Support directly, as the issue may be different. 

We are looking into it with our developers.

Many thanks!

Giac

Please keep in mind that what I post here is my personal knowledge and opinion. Don't take anything I say for the Holy Grail, but try and see!
Appreciate who helps and be respectful of every opinion and every solution offered.
Share the love, especially the Meraki one!
GiacomoS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey everyone,

If you are following this thread, I just wanted to let you know that this should now be resolved.

Should you still seeing misbehaviours here, please do follow up with/in a case to Support.

Thank you for your patience here folks! 

Have a fantastic day!

Giac

Please keep in mind that what I post here is my personal knowledge and opinion. Don't take anything I say for the Holy Grail, but try and see!
Appreciate who helps and be respectful of every opinion and every solution offered.
Erisan
Here to help

Hi Everyone,

I have the same issue. In addition to tags, I also use an availability schedule and that also does not display on the UI. I can see clients can connect and the SSID does get withdrawn outside business hours as expected. I'll check with Meraki support in-case this is resolved for others.

Thanks

Erisan

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not resolved on shard n184 either.  @GiacomoS do you want us all to log tickets, or is perhaps the fix being rolled out across shards?

GiacomoS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey folks,

Sorry to hear it's ongoing. Can I confirm that this is still exactly the same behaviour as yesterday? i.e. the tags are showing as not broadcasting although the SSIDs actually are?

@cmr I'm making some enquiries, bear with me!

Giac

Hi,

Yes it is still the same behavior as yesterday "Not broadcasting because of missing tag. To broadcast add: <tag_name>"

Thanks

Erisan

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have the same as @Erisan, though the client list doesn't even build on many APs, the dashboard seems somewhat slow to update that sort of data right now. 

I'm still seeing the same behavior, tags set, dashboard shows it not broadcasting, but so far all functionality seems to still be working.

GiacomoS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey again everyone,

Apologies for going back on my words here, but I just found out that we are still working on a fix for this one, as the previous one did not work as intended.

Please bear with us as we continue to follow up internally here. At this stage it continues to be a cosmetic problem. 

If you have an urgent need to check the status, you can use the API call:
/networks/{networkId}/devices 

looking at the Broadcast flag being true or false depending on whether the SSID is broadcasting. 

This can be paired with:

/organizations/{organizationId}/devices?productTypes[]=wireless

to retrieve all the access points. 

Hope this helps for now, thank you for your continued patience!

Giac

pjc
A model citizen

Same issue here - My dashboard is reporting that the tags should all be in lowercase where all of my tags are a combination of upper and lower case.

Erisan
Here to help

Hi Everyone,

I noticed yesterday that my SSID now correctly displays that it is broadcasting but whats missing is those small icons that displayed next to the SSID indicating that the SSID broadcasting is controlled by either a time schedule or a tag. Anyone else seeing the same?

GiacomoS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey awesome people,

I can confirm that this should be resolved as of 2 days ago. 

@Erisan , yes, I can also confirm we have received reports of the icons missing. 

Could you raise a case with Support for tracking purposes? I think it is being investigated already, but it would be good to understand the impact.

Many thanks!

Giac

Nope. i saw this behavior last night no indication of tag SSID dissemination until tag is removed from AP

Hey @TBHPTL , 

Could you elaborate please? 😅

Is that "Nope, we are still seeing the original problem" or "Nope, we can't raise a case with Support"? 

If it's the first, could you send me a direct message with a link to the Dashboard please?

Many thanks!

Giac

Yes,  When an SSID is being disseminated with a TAG there are two things should be present.

The SSID name in dark print and the tag icon.  The tag icon is missing 

Superstar, thank you @TBHPTL . Yeah that matches what we spotted yesterday, and we got this under review. 

Will keep you posted!

Giac

PM sent if you need more let me know. This is affecting 10's upon 10s of thousands of APs 

Behavior is:

tag is used to disseminate the SSID and matches in SSID availability.

TBHPTL_0-1694190264356.png

SSID shows as globally enabled WITHOUT tag icon, despite being tag enabled.

Tag icon only shows up if there is no tag on  AP 

TBHPTL_1-1694190408019.png

GiacomoS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey folks,

Apologies for the lateness here, but this should be resolved as of the 12th of September. 

If you are still seeing some weirdness, please do open a case with Support from Dashboard; preferably you'd want to attach a HAR capture from your browser and screenshot indicating the problem (similar to the above).

Many thanks!

Giac

It is still very much broken. Case is being opened and escalated.

Erisan
Here to help

I still see the same issue, the icons next to the SSID name have disappeared. I will open a case.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels