Meraki is showing green led but it doesn't show that online on the dashboard

Solved
Nabi
Here to help

Meraki is showing green led but it doesn't show that online on the dashboard

Hi all,

I have added some new MR44 in my dashboard but all of those MRs show green led but on the dashboard, it doesn't show them online.

Any idea about what could be the issue? 

Regards

1 Accepted Solution
Nabi
Here to help

Hi all,

thank you so much for your valuable guidance.

all the devices are now online on the dashboard by following these steps:

- Remove the device from this network.

- Create a new network.

- Add the device to the new network.

- Factory reset device.

- Move the device to the original network

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you access the ap status page via the IP, does it show that it is registered on the dashboard?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

If this persists, after a while, I would raise a case wth Meaki Support

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Nabi Have the devices been added to a network or are they just in your inventory? 

Boomerang94
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

As @BlakeRichardson  said, I have seen similar situations where the device is not claimed in a network (but present in the organisation inventory).  In this situation, the MR44 is not a part of a network and , as a result, cannot download any specific configuration. Alternatively, there could be an issue with dashboard communication. Please raise a support ticket and we can investigate it further for you.

KB for detailed reference: https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Installation_Guides/MR44_Installation_Guide 

TimYeo
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi there Nabi,

Generally, if the AP is showing green but is unable to reach the dashboard, it means that it is in gateway mode (has an IP address and can reach its gateway) and there is some issue with the cloud connectivity.

Assuming that the MR44s are all claimed on the dashboard, the next thing to try is to ensure whatever upstream allows the APs to reach the Meraki cloud. Our documentation on this can be found here: https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Other_Topics/Upstream_Firewall_Rules_for_Clo... but you can also find the necessary information on your own dashboard. Simply go to the question mark on the top right corner then 'Firewall info page'.

Feel free to reach out to Meraki support and raise a ticket if you require more assistance. We are happy to review any packet captures you take upstream. Or if there are Meraki security appliances, Meraki support maybe able to take a deeper look.

jbright
A model citizen

I saw this same behavior recently with a pair of MR33 APs that had been offline and moved to inventory for several months. The status light on them was solid green, but they showed up in the dashboard as never having been connected to the Meraki cloud and would not connect to it. The APs also still had static addresses that were not valid for the new network that I added them too. I could see the old static addresses on the Meraki switch ports that they were connected to. I did a hard reset on both of them to clear the static IP addresses and after about 5 minutes, they finally connected to the dashboard and upgraded their firmware.

Nabi
Here to help

Hi all,

thank you so much for your valuable guidance.

all the devices are now online on the dashboard by following these steps:

- Remove the device from this network.

- Create a new network.

- Add the device to the new network.

- Factory reset device.

- Move the device to the original network

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels