Live Statistics

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Live Statistics

Hopefully I this is an easy one and I am just not looking in the right place because it's Friday and I am hanging out for a beer..

I am trying to see the live stats for how many clients are connected to an SSID, I am sure I've done this in the past but for the lift of me I cannot remember how.

Network-Wide >Monitor > Clients only goes as short as last two hour and doesn't let me narrow my search based on an SSID ( This would be useful!)

6 Replies 6
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not sure if this is exactly what you're after but it might get you a bit closer:

Network-Wide >Monitor > Clients

Filter "Status: Online, Connection Type: Wireless"
Add "Recent SSID" column via the spanner
Sort based on "Recent SSID" column
Manually count or download CSV

Thanks @Brash  but it only narrows it down to the last 2 hours. I need current stats. 

I will be naughty and say other vendors have this info....

Ah, I was under the impression that by filtering "Status: Online" you'll only get currently connected clients, and exclude historical clients. That said I've not tested to confirm.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@BlakeRichardson you can see it on the AP summary page, but I don't think across multiple APs?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hmm.  You can see clients by APs:

PhilipDAth_0-1690579509987.png

If you go into Wireless Health and select the "Last Hour" you can also select each SSID to get an "indication".

PhilipDAth_1-1690579589493.png

AxL1971
Building a reputation

I wrote some software using API calls to collect this information, write it to a back end SQL database and a front end web site to show the information for each office and number devices conenctions. 

Other details I collected was channel utilisation.

Also used Power BI to create fancy graphs.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels