Computer shows splash page but there is no configuered

Solved
Tuvestam
Here to help

Computer shows splash page but there is no configuered

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 computer that till show a splash page while i connect to our SSID. All other computer connecting to the same SSID does not have this. If I try to connect to another SSID on the same AP there is no problem.

1 Accepted Solution

It looks like it's Microsoft redirection to check if there is network connection. Thank you for the time

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have an MX on your network that has access control configured?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

We have a MX but the access control is not configured (set to None (direct access)).

Okay, but is this page a Meraki page? Or is it a random page?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

msn.com

Well, have you checked the configuration on the workstation? Have you tried changing the default browser on the workstation?

Yes and I don't get it on an other SSID that is from the same AP etc. I have reset the network and everything. I can se that the connection also is w8 on confirmation from the splash page. But as ther is none it will not work.

Well, I don't think It's a Meraki issue, but you can try to forget the network on the workstation. Feel free to share the SSID configuration.

Well as it works on other SSID without geting a splash I think it is. But other computers does not have this problem.

Tuvestam_0-1668694720320.png

It looks like it's Microsoft redirection to check if there is network connection. Thank you for the time

Glad you worked it out and thanks for sharing the answer. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels