Aruba instant go vs Meraki Go vs Unifi

DennisSSebasiSt
Comes here often

Aruba instant go vs Meraki Go vs Unifi

Hello all

I am looking to replace my home eero network as I am having some issues with them. I have narrowed down my options to one of these providers. I would be using one 8 port switch and 2 or 3 access points with them in a mesh. Does anyone have any suggestions for which to go with.

I have used all of these in my job as a network engineer so set up and configuration is not a concern of mine. Just looking for some advice of what people are using in their home networks.

3 Replies 3
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

For a home environment, I would say a lot of this comes down to personal preference and features. All of those options would be perfectly suitable for a basic home deployment, it just depends how fancy you want to get and how resilient you expect the equipment to be.

For the record I'm running a Meraki full stack at home and have had no issues.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I’m also using Meraki full stack at home.  Not familiar at all with Aruba Instant, but Meraki Go I have installed several and they are fine and dead simple, but I might feel limited with them as a network engineer.  Ubiquiti I have had limited poor experiences with and don’t feel I would like to waste my time with the difficulty of updating, patching and managing them.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Holli69
Getting noticed

Hi,

I've experience with Meraki/Meraki Go as well as Ubiquiti. Both are good and have their own Pros/Cons. Meraki Go is easier to configure than Ubiquiti, whereas Unifi has a better portfolio of APs compared to Meraki Go. Support of Ubiquiti is very awful. For home use, both are a very good choise.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels