AP USage

Balcarras
Just browsing

AP USage

Hi,

I have 59 AP's I'm looking to produce a report for the past 4 months of usage as I may need to remove the least used AP to an area that now requires coverage.

Can anyone advise how I would get the data?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Go to org > summary report

Set your time range

Look for : Top devices

Hi, I don't require the top I require the bottom 😄

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Good point. It shows only up to 50 entries, so you should get one of the 9 that are not showing in the list. 

(If all ap's are in one network) You could also go the AP list, set data to last month, then sort on usage .

I supose you can also get data using the meraki API but that requires  some programming skills

AMP
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The AP calls that I found that sounded to meet your criteria have a max time frame of 31 days, which seems to be the max time frame for most API calls so not sure we can go that route.

Knowledge is power
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thinking sideways - are you by chance using RADIUS authentication with something like WPA2-Enteprise mode?

If so, you may be able to export all your authentication events (hint, with NPS, it is event ID 6272), parse the data in the authentication log to extra out the AP, and then use something like Excel to create a count for successful authentication by AP.

But the analysis will take quite a bit of time - could be cheaper to buy an extra AP.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels