1 of 6 APs running much slower than the rest (MR46)

jlock8191
Here to help

1 of 6 APs running much slower than the rest (MR46)

Good morning, all!

I inherited a Meraki network and am loving the simplicity. I noticed in one area of the office users were letting me know of slowness. 

I ran a speed test and got about 50mbs, I also ran a throughput test via Meraki and it didn't show much better at 80mbps

All 5 other APs are all working find with over 600mbs. 

I have already rebooted the AP and unfortunately no change occurred. 

Any ideas? I am doing research online, however it seems most the AP slowness issues are regarding all the APs and not just one.

The AP is a MR46

Thanks!

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @jlock8191 , have you compared the switchport configuration of an AP with higher throughput and compared it to one showing lower throughput?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Thank you! I am looking at this now and seeing that the auto-negotiate on the switch port with the slow AP is coming up as 100mbs.

Now I just need to figure out why. Digging now, just glad I know where to look. Thanks again! 

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @jlock8191 , as mentioned below try bouncing the switchport.  Maybe also run a cable test on the affected port.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Thanks! I tried both with no luck but I am starting to see a pattern. Looks like it is oddly all ports on Switch 1, up to port 18. After port 18, everything is 1gig. 

All the rest of my switches are fine and negociating at 1gig. 

I noticed have a firmware update to run, I am going to give that a shot and see if it resolves the issue.

Shubh3738
Getting noticed

@jlock8191 Reboot your AP, Check channel Width or Switch Port configuration or if available do the firmware upgrade.

Hope! These above things resolve the issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels