CW9162 | Blinking Red & Green

BlakeMa
Just browsing

CW9162 | Blinking Red & Green

Hi,

I am trying to setup a CW9162 for the first time on our network and when connecting it to 2 separate network scopes, the lights initially show that it is trying to update the firmware then will change to flashing red & green. I've checked the switch port configurations to make sure they are on the correct VLAN that all our other APs are on, I've seen that the AP is getting an IP address even, but for one reason or another it stays in this "Discovery or join process".

As additional context, across our network we are mainly using CW9164s and we've been able to successfully troubleshoot all issues we've encountered with it so far. The issues with this CW9162 seem more specific to the device, especially when trying to complete its setup on 2 different remote site networks that we have.

Any suggestions &/or directions are welcome.

Thank you!

4 Replies 4
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@BlakeMa this sounds like your CW9162 is in Catalyst mode and talking to a controller, is that what you're expecting?

BlakeMa
Just browsing

Yes, we have a controller from which it will pull its config from.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

These forums are for Meraki devices, including CW9162, but only when it is in Meraki cloud managed mode.

I think you want https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/bd-p/discussions-wireless

andrea924breaux
New here

It sounds like you have already taken some good troubleshooting steps. Since the issue seems to be specific to the CW9162 device and occurs on multiple remote site networks, here are a few additional suggestions you can try:

• Check the firmware version on the CW9162 and ensure it is up to date. If not, try updating the firmware to the latest version to see if that resolves the issue.

• Verify the network settings on the CW9162, such as the subnet mask, gateway, and DNS settings, to ensure they are configured correctly for the remote site networks.

• Double-check the VLAN configuration on the switch port to confirm that it matches the VLAN settings of the other APs on the network.

• If possible, try connecting the CW9162 to a different switch port or a different switch altogether to rule out any potential issues with the current switch port.

• Consider reaching out to the manufacturer's technical support for further assistance or to see if there are any known issues or specific configurations required for the CW9162 on remote site networks.

I hope these suggestions help KrogerFeedback in resolving the issue with the CW9162 setup. Let me know if you need further assistance or have any other questions.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels