Non Meraki AP as Bridge to a Meraki AP

MichelRueger
Building a reputation

Non Meraki AP as Bridge to a Meraki AP

Hi all,

We have a lot of older Cisco 2602 AP and we need to connect some Coffe Machine to the Network. (this is not a Joke) if we now configure the correct SSID on the Cisco AP (even with open security) the Cisco AP is not Connecting to the Meraki AP. 

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-14 um 08.15.48.png

dies anybody done this type of configuration yet? 

Thanks for any Help

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Welcome to 2020 I suppose is in order lol

If your willing to post the config of your 2602, which I'm assuming you have configured in autonomous mode as a work-group bridge based on the lovely image you have above, I can take a peek (no promises since it's been a while).
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Were you able to get this to work ?  I have the same need, and am able to get the WGB to associate fine.  And it can ping the ethernet device fine (same subnet as the WGB & SSID/VLAN).  But no traffic for it is being passed across the association.

I have the same issue. Autonomous Cisco 3702's connected to a burn table will not connect to our Meraki MR46E AP's. I can see them connect but will not get an IP address. I called Meraki support who said they was not compatible but could not give me an article stating that.  If they are not compatible, can you suggest a devise to use that would be compatible to connect our devices that have an ethernet port but are not wireless to our Meraki WIFI?

RobbyD
Conversationalist

Was anyone able to make this work? we are looking to use a aironet 1552e to extend a group of devices off a small shack outside the building 

shack devices > industrial switch with POE > aironet 1552e outdoor ap > wireless connection to meraki mesh APs that is wired connected to the main network  where the controllers for the shack devices are located.

only need to bridge a single vlan for those shack devices. is there a guide on how to do this?  The guide above only seems to tackle the aironet side, but no config settings on the meraki side.

Nash
Kind of a big deal

At least you won't have to worry about HTTP 418... I would listen to Phillip. He knows a great deal about Cisco kit.

thomasthomsen
Head in the Cloud

Did anyone ever get a Cisco AP in WGB mode to connect (and forward traffic) to the equipment behind it ?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels