Monitor Catalyst 916x APs & C9800 while being managed by DNAC

SOLVED
FlyingFrames
Getting noticed

Monitor Catalyst 916x APs & C9800 while being managed by DNAC

Since now monitoring of Catalyst switches managed by DNAC with a valid subscription via Meraki dashboard is possible, simultaneously then i have a question:

Can a CW9166i-US managed via C9800 & DNAC,  be only monitored via Meraki dashboard simultaneously, without conversion into Meraki?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
thomasthomsen
Head in the Cloud

I have heard a little bird tell me that you will also be able to monitor CAT9800 in the Meraki dashboard down the road.

But I think its somewhat far down the road, since we have just had release for monitoring of the CAT switches (and the management of those switches in dashboard is still not publically available).

So Im guessing that you are looking at a 6 - 12 months timeframe <- Pure guessing from my side.

But in theory yes, then you could monitor your 9800 both in DNA-C and The Meraki Dashboard, like you would be able to do with all your switches. - The only question is why would you want to monitor them (it) in both places ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ToryDav
Building a reputation

I don't believe you can monitor simultaneously with Dashboard and DNAC. 

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

At this time only 3 families of switches are supported to be monitored on the Meraki dashboard.  These are the Catalyst 9200, 9300 and 9500 families of switches.

The CW Access Points will run IOS if you want to use them with a C9800 controller and monitor it with DNA-C or run Meraki software so you can natively manage it via Meraki dashboard.

thomasthomsen
Head in the Cloud

I have heard a little bird tell me that you will also be able to monitor CAT9800 in the Meraki dashboard down the road.

But I think its somewhat far down the road, since we have just had release for monitoring of the CAT switches (and the management of those switches in dashboard is still not publically available).

So Im guessing that you are looking at a 6 - 12 months timeframe <- Pure guessing from my side.

But in theory yes, then you could monitor your 9800 both in DNA-C and The Meraki Dashboard, like you would be able to do with all your switches. - The only question is why would you want to monitor them (it) in both places ?

WirelesslyWired
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Connecting an appliance to both DNAC and Dashboard is not supported today. We are investigating a means to provide the functionality but have some firmware limitations we have to investigate further. 

CCIEw# 45253 / CWNE# 249 / Principal TME - Meraki Product
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels