Access Point in Site Survey Modus => Password reset

SOLVED
rwiesmann
A model citizen

Access Point in Site Survey Modus => Password reset

Hi all, 

i got the following problem...

I have an access point on which we have the site survey modus active.

In order to disable it, I would like to connect to the local ap website.

Unfortunately I can not get into the config modus of the ap which is in the site survey modus with the credentials which are configured in the network wide settings.

I am guessing now, that at the time the ap was put into the site survey modus that the credentials have changed since then.

As I do not know the initial credential I am wondering if it is possible to get somehow the credentials or if there is 

a way to reset the credentials?

Any help is appreciated

rgds

roger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried logging in using the serial number (in capitals) for the username, and the password blank?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

If it is claimed in your account and you factory reset it I would expect it to come back up with the password you have in your dashboard. Have you tried?

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

Thanks Brandon, I tried to reset it, but no luck. But your feedback leaded me to the solution...got to remember that there is something with the SN as @PhilipDAth mentioned in the comment below.

Thanks

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried logging in using the serial number (in capitals) for the username, and the password blank?

Thanks that's it. As mentioned above, @BrandonS activated my grey brain cells.

Thanks a lot.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Simple: You factory default the AP by using a PIN in the small hole (hold for at least 12 seconds) and your AP will boot in normal mode connecting to the dashboard en retrieving it's configuration.  It won't be in survey mode anymore.

Your local credentials will revert to SERIALNUMBER as login en blank password or the configured admin/password if you set one in dashboard.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels