verifyfing Stack-Port Connection

whistleblower
Getting noticed

verifyfing Stack-Port Connection

Hi all,

I´m trying finding an option to verify how the stack-ports between e.g. 2x MS425-16 are connected (so I can see and verify if they are connected straight or in a ring form)... example for reference would be on a Cisco Catalyst:

SWITCH#sh switch neighbors
Switch # Port 1 Port 2
-------- ------ ------
1 2 2
2 1 1

is there anything similar possible to view on the Merkai Dashboard?

please notice: I´ve seen that you can type in a name on each specific Stacking-Port for description... but that`s not the type of thing I`m searching for!

thanks in advance...

4 Replies 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

you can see it if you select the port  (maybe not with all sfp , not sure..)

switch 1 port 1 says   Part 1234, Serial: abc-a

switch 2 port 2 says   Part 1234, Serial: abc-b

hm, what can this information be used for? looking directly under the port information I only get the information what cable and QSFP is in use but no information identifying the neighbor port?! 

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It does not show the neighbor port. But if it shows part/serial number and  1234/abc-a is in switch1port1 and 1234/abc-b is in switch2port2 then they are direct connected at those ports

ok, now I understand what you mean 😎

just comparing the informations on the switches vice-versa... not the thoughts I had but of course that could work for me! 😜

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels